Thursday, February 9, 2012

Glee with Gears


Well that was an experience! I went to spin class again this morning and it was a sing-and-spin. Great fun! We didn't sing along with every song, but there were a few sprinkled throughout the class. I've been to a lot of spin classes but never one that allowed me to get my Bon Jovi on! I'll be going back, for sure. So it's looking like I'm looking forward to exercise again. Hallelujah! I'm glad to be approaching that zone again.

And as an added bonus, when I return home from spin class each morning, I spend a few minutes doing what I call "yard yoga". I spend some time stretching while pulling a few weeds here and there. I can see that the beds look a little neater. Score!

After the Winter-Of-My-Discontent, I am looking forward to being flung into Spring with my energy peaking. I need to get back to the schedule of cycle events and pick out a couple of group rides to focus on. Yee Haw!

Phone A Friend: 2

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sing until you are breathless.

-Roxie

14 comments:

  1. How fun! Anything that makes you look forward to exercise is so great...and I'm impressed that you can sing at all while spinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he does it as a judge of how hard we are really working! He's sneaky like that.

      Delete
  2. I love that idea: Sing and Spin! It makes me happy just to think about it. I'm with Shelly--the fact that you can sing while spinning is a tribute to your cardiovascular health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did make me happy, too! Our ending song was "Sweet Caroline" which made me double-happy.

      Delete
  3. Nothing like getting into the zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I've been so far from the zone for the last few months, I couldn't even see it. But I did have faith that it would return. And it did!

      Delete
  4. My Y is now offering an intro to group cycling class and I am going for the first time on Monday. I really don't want to go, but I think if I keep telling people I am going to go, I will actually follow through. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Mary. Please report back and let us know how you like it.

      You might consider it "auditing" the class - finding out what you like about it and what you don't. Also, my definition of auditing a spin class is that I won't compete with anyone else, only myself. I want to push myself, but not so hard that I'm wiped out for the rest of the day. I like to live to spin another day!

      Delete
  5. I love to sing! That'd be right up my alley, as long as they played stuff I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, the sing-alongs were songs that everyone could/would know the chorus - which is all we really sang. It was fun! Oh, there was seat-dancing too, but I did not partake :-)

      Delete
  6. Sometimes I sing while I run... it's actually one of the best ways to tell if one is running at the correct pace on long runs. Of course,I always hope no one hears me. Glad to hear you're getting your exercise mojo back - you're right it feels good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always lip-sync'd when exercising, but never tried to belt out a tune. That takes some lungs!

      Delete
  7. OH GOODNESS I ADORE THAT.

    sing until you are breathless.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.