Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm Putting On My Dancing Shoes


I've been invited by a group of friends to go swing dancing tonight. While I don't feel much like dancing, getting dolled up a bit might just be fun. My understanding is that one is not allowed to dance on their first trip to this joint, so I'll be just fine with my swirly skirt and Levity pumps. If I was really feeling froggy, I'd pop over to Pebbles' and borrow a dress from her - she's got a couple that would totally fit the bill. But it's not worth that much effort. It has been years, perhaps a decade or more, since I've been out dancing. I will always miss the ex-Bubba when it comes to dancing, as he was a marvelous dancer and loved it. Anyway, this is a fun group and it should be a good time.

ETA: I do not know how to swing dance. The closest I get is the "Texas Push".

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. I hope you dance.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. That's something I never do -- dance in public. Might be something to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun evening. Getting dressed up is part of the fun! I bet you could learn to swing dance, Roxie. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love those shoes. Twirl your little heart out! I love Swing dancing, though I haven't a clue how to even begin to do it. I adore it from afar. You've got more guts then me, I would be self conscious to even get dolled up. Glad your feeling better. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.