Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's Groundhog Day


I just realized it's Groundhog Day. It's not that I have any special memories attached to this day, but I have a lot of memories attached to the movie. When Pebbles was 12, she developed pneumonia and spent about twelve days total in the hospital. Of course, I stayed with her 24/7 and this was before the days of cable tv. The hospital had some sort of closed circuit tv and during our stay, it was playing this movie on continuous loop. It was like we were trapped within our own groundhog day - every day was the same. Reliving the same day. Day after day. Sort of life imitating art imitating life imitating art. Over and over again. Caught in some sort of double-helix dance with this movie.

I'm still under the weather, but trending upward. I expect to be back amongst the living tomorrow. I'm considering going to spin class just to free spin through the entire thing, but I'm unsure of what my cough will be like, so I think I'll just put that off until Monday.

Phone-A-Friend Challenge has been suspended temporarily. No one wants to talk to a woman who sounds like she's got a three-pack habit with whisky chasers.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. I love that movie. It does seem sometimes that like repeats its self over and over with different characters (and sometimes the same) until we look at things from a different perspective.

    We are the common denominator in the story. Just like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Hospitals are such a time warp I cannot believe that had that movie playing. What a memory!

    Glad to hear you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groundhog day on a loop. That's classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is classic.....Groundhog Day over and over. Feel better. I would love to hear what your voice sounds like scratchy. You have a lovely voice. And that Texan drawl of yours......A.Dor.Able!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.