Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Regenerating


This post is all over the map - just reporting on a few of my favorite/new things.

1. Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Creme is amazing. I bought some last night at Costco and I can already see/feel the difference.

2. There really is a difference in dry cleaners. I have used the same dry cleaner for nearly 30 years. When I moved to the CSH, I received a coupon for the "fancy-pants" cleaners in the adjacent "rich" neighborhood. So I gave them a go. Oh.My. I had no idea that there was so much difference in the level of service/results/presentation. And for not that much more money.

3. Two men at dance class last night: Doug who served as a human metronome and counted for me so that I could finally get the basic footwork down and Rathavon, who was about Pebbles' age, but much more stern in barking orders, but I learned quite a bit from him as well "Stop looking at your feet" and "keep your hand up" and the all important - "stop trying to lead". I need to embroider that last one on a pillow! For more reasons than just dance.

4. Spin class was great, but after spin and dance class yesterday, I'm glad today is a rest day.

5. Love Day was nice - I reached out to a lot of my friends, did a couple of good deeds and had a great day. I did succumb to some amazing truffles at work. But that's behind me now.




Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Regenerate.

-Roxie


PS: Groupon may have jumped the shark. A Groupon for nail fungus removal? Ewwwwww.

5 comments:

  1. I have that "leading" problem when I try to couples dance, too.

    I've been tempted to try some of the Olay products, but in times past, I buy it, use it for maybe a week, and then forget. If they could just make a once a month treatment...nah, I'd still forget. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swing dancing remarks crack me up Roxie! And now I feel like I need to try that cream. I've got lots of things that could use some resculpting but I'd be willing to start with my face. I wish you had shown us before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Regenerist. Love love love. Dry Cleaners? yep...I use the local "Fancy Pants" place, too. They won me over years ago when I brought in a suit jacket for cleaning that had a broken button. When I picked it up, they had found and sewn on a new, matching button - for free. THAT's service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great Love Day yesterday. I have not tried Regenerist but have heard nothing but good things about Olay. I seriously need to be told what to use on my face; I'm not savvy in that department at all, so I use whatever I have on hand. Glad you're seeing some improvement. That (and a fantastic lipstick color) is always enough to give the ego a boost, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that idea about the lotion.... If it comes from you, it is bound to be a good recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.