Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seven Pounds

Seriously?
So I looked back on my records - which I keep in Fitday - and I gained Seven Pounds in February.  How in the hell did that happen?  I know I don't talk much about weight anymore, as it hasn't been an issue in a while.   And I'm not berating myself over it - I'm mostly in disbelief - while I did have a couple of bad, bad eating days - I don't recall anything that would have done this.  So, it's time to take a little closer look - ha!  Said that yesterday and I'm up a pound.  Yesterday was probably not the day to go to a wedding vendor luncheon and sample catering and cakes, no?  So the no baked goods/bad eating streak ended yesterday and today I weigh 150.  It's been two years or more (I think) since I've weighed that much.  Sigh.  Again.  Ah, well.  Nothing left to do but pull it back off.  No recriminations.  No trash-talking myself.  It just is.  No need to make it worse.

Spin class was awesome this morning.  Ran into a woman I know from the gym and got to talking with her - told her about Inez.  And I got an invitation to join her and another couple of women on Saturday morning bike rides (weather permitting)!  YAY.  Plus, this is the hardest spin class of the week and it's always a real boost to get through it.  Although I do wonder if I'll make it through the rest of the day and to swing lessons tonight.

Speaking of swing lessons, I'm arranging to take a couple of private lessons to just get a good base down.  Without a dance background and with the structure of the group lessons, I'm just not getting it as well as I should.  I think I needs some good basics so that I will have something to build upon.  So I should have some news on that in a week or so.

PAF - 1  SS - 0  FPG Link for the day

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Only Positivity.

-Roxie

13 comments:

  1. Good morning, Roxie! Somehow four pounds have appeared out of nowhere for me. Just finished my yogurt and will hope to get in some walking today. No beating up, but getting back to healthy habits. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've ramped up the spin classes......could that have something to so with the weight gain?? Are they making you hungrier, snackier?? or could you be building muscle from them???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that they are making me hungrier, but I don't think I'm putting on any muscle, either.

      Delete
  3. I was also wondering about the increased exercise. That always makes me weigh more. I think muscles tend to take on fluid when they're newly stressed. Saturday morning bike rides sound like great fun, and good luck with the dance lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does happen... I found 5 on me... Worked my butt off to lose it and do the deed!
    Up down.... all around !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also thinking that the spin classes may be adding muscle and new muscle retains some water. The real test is if your clothes have gotten tighter. If not, it could be muscle.

    The bike rides sound excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was muscle - and the close are fitting tighter - it is as though I have suddenly developed this Buddha belly where I've never had one before - even at a higher weight, I stayed pretty flat-bellied.

      Delete
  6. You'll drop it fast, esp. now that you're aware. It is comforting to know that even the Biggest Losers (who are the winners!) experience this. It's the nature of the beast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will drop these pounds. More-ligh = more energy will make the trick. I think I will join the Lent calendar. As the recovering Catholic I decided not to do it, but it seems to be fun and gives a good framework for some focused goodwill.
    Awesome strategy with dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the FPG - it is focused goodwill.

      Delete
  8. yep yep what everyone else has already said.
    you shall drop.
    quickfastandninaWillSmithhurry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes lady, I'm behind! Hope you were able to be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.