Monday, February 13, 2012

Snowflakes In Streetlights



I came out of a meeting last night to find huge, big, wet, fat snowflakes falling like crazy. The view of the falling snow in the streetlights was just beautiful. I sat and stared for quite a long while - it was one of the things I savored over the weekend. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 60.

What a great weekend! The exhibit at the museum was spectacular. Amazing things - truly works of art in design and structure. Got my creative energies flowing, for sure. My friend, Lisa the costumer, and I just swooned at each fantastic creation. I never knew until Saturday just how much I want a crocodile bustier/corset. Seriously.

I did not go to spin class this morning, as I had to have more blood drawn (routine wellness draw). I had planned to go, but when I was asking Dr. Google if I could have sugarfree gum when doing a 12 hour fast, I found out that I shouldn't exercise before a draw, either. Who knew? Anyhow, I am just now having my first cup of coffee and I will be a better human in about a half hour.

I'm having Mom and Sis over for dinner tonight. I'll already be with Mom, as I am going with her to her cardiologist appointment. She is either getting conflicting information from her prior cardiologist and her PCP or she is confused herself. Either way, her PCP referred her to a new person and I'll tag along to try to learn something. Since Sis will be at work (in town)until we get through at the docs, we'll just have an early Valentine's Day dinner. It won't be too fancy, as I didn't make it to the store, so dinner will consist of a crustless mushroom, ham and cheese quiche and some sort of baked blueberry thing that I'm going to create with ingredients on hand.

Phone-A-Friend Weekend Score: 3

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Swoon Regularly.

-Roxie

Photo snagged from Ottowacitizen.com.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great weekend. Snow in Texas is always a puzzlement!

    You're kicking ass on the Phone-a-friend score there - good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I dislike snow, I do like to watch it fall through a streetlight. We are having a freezing one day, too warm the next winter as well. It really has been odd.

    In the learn something new every day category, I had no idea one is not supposed to exercise prior to a blood draw. Now you've got me wanting to search Dr. Google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you guys were getting snow last night - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great dinner tonight! :0)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.