Sunday, February 26, 2012

What A Rush!

What A Rush!

Wow - what a weekend;what a rush.  And it's only half over.  The slumber party was a blast.  We stayed up until nearly three am.  Such laughter and sharing.  It was just awesome.  It was a time of completeness.  I was surrounded by people I love and who love me.  Women who love and support each other, who are willing to be open and vulnerable and fun and funny.  It was a complete experience.

And because we'd stayed up so late, we got a later start to the day than I had anticipated.  This turned out to be a good thing.  I didn't have enough time to stress about the finale.  I barely had enough time to get home and get showered and get to the rehearsal.

Because I was tired and not "up", I made the decision not to do any of the two person stuff.  I decided to just participate in the group work.  But right before the show, another classmate asked me to do perform a "shared experience" with her.  And I agreed.  It was amazing how much I was energized right before showtime.  And the experience was incredible.  Were we good?  We were good enough - the crowd laughed and the entire finale just flew by.  I was on such an incredible high when it was over.  I am so grateful that I decided to go for the full experience - I think I would have regretted not doing so.  Anyway, I am going to continue on with this, as I am learning so much about MYSELF in this collaborative process.  Amazing experience.

The weather looks like it should hold today, so that means I am hauling out to Parker county to take Inez for a spin with Talia and her new bike.  Woo Hoo!  A chance to use my spin legs!  But first, I am taking Valerie (at her request) out to the temple for meditation later this morning.

After temple, riding and a birthday meeting, I plan to do some meal prep for next week.  The work that I did last week was such a factor in my maintaining my streak, so I want to do that again.

Oh, and I was able to totally stay with the streak all weekend (so far).  And that is such an esteemable act for me.

PAF challenge:  Didn't make any calls yesterday, but plan to today.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Develop a Streak.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. This post made grin....WIDE! Hope you streak is not broken. I love sleep overs. I do them with friends as often as I can. Not a lot, but it's always a good time.

    I can't decide if I like the no word verification thing or not....I miss the challenge :)

    Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I LOOOOVED seeing how happy and smiley and just filled with optimism you are.
    it rubbed off on me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, based on the fact that you went to the sleepover, fully participated and had a blast, you get a pass on the PAF. Just my .02.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!! Next time you haul Inez out to Parker County, give me a holler! I'll take any excuse to hit that trail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the sleepover went well and you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.