Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ode To A Hardware Store

No my local store, but I have been by there
I needed a can of spray paint so I opted for my local hardware store, rather than the big box.  I need to remember to take them as many of my dollars as possible.  It's just a more pleasant experience, not to mention helpful.  I picked up my spray paint and wandered the aisles in a fit of nostalgia - everything from canning supplies to plumbing goods.  It's hard for me to pass up ball canning jars - the cute little wide-mouth shorties are especially alluring.

Anyway, I needed the spray paint to further my optimization project.  Last night everyone opted out of swing dancing, which was fine by me, as I was really tired.  However, I didn't want to waste my entire evening, so I opted for my 15 on, 45 off productivity methodology and began to look at optimizing the space that I do have.  Since I've been in the house for nearly ten months, it's time to look at doing some things differently and moving things around.

The bathroom is especially difficult, as there is not much storage space for all my beautification needs.  So I've been looking for a basket that would fit on the back of the toilet to contain all my stuff and would easy to pick up en masse when company is coming over.  I found a basket in my stash, but it was red and red won't go in a old aqua and coral bathroom.  So spray paint to the rescue!

Other optimizations include moving the extra bedding to more out-of-the-way storage.  They were taking up some of the more accessible real-estate in the hall linen closet.  I'm moving the bedding up high and moving the stuff I use more often down low.  I'm tired of chasing down the step ladder every time I need a roll of TP!

I'm having my brunch and then it's back outside for some more work.  I've already trimmed back some salvia bushes and have a few more to do.  Plus lots of tidying up.  And it wouldn't hurt to mow again!

Then it will be in to clean up and regroup with the new comedy conglomerate at 2pm.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Shop local.

-Roxie
145.5

1 comment:

  1. I'm always amazed when I rearrange my cupboards...like you, it's "why was I making THAT so difficult for myself?" - but I think it's that act of taking a step back and reevaluating what's working that I don't do often enough. Your bathroom sounds pretty - have you shown a picture of it? (hint hint, lol)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.