Friday, March 23, 2012

Pert and Perky

One Lump Or Two?

The invitations have come in (pictured at left) and I'm happy with how they turned out.  I ordered them through Zazzle and they arrived much sooner than I expected.

There are lots of things to be excited about around here.  Valerie has invited me to go to market with her tomorrow.  She's investigating a new business venture and wants to check a few things out.  I am giddy with excitement.  I've always wanted to go to market (17 floors of stuff, I'm told) and so now I can. 

I'd planned to work in the yard most of the day tomorrow as I practically had to machete my way into the house on Wednesday.  This spring growing season is C.R.A.Z.Y.  I figure I'll catch up around the fourth of July!  Anyway, it will all get done in time for the party (or enough of it, anyway).  So I'll postpone yard work and the bike ride until Sunday. 

I still have a couple of spots that need some plants and I haven't had the time to get to the nursery to pick something out.  I'm leaning towards a silvercloud artemesia for one spot, some Mexican petunias to replace an area that's a pain to mow and probably some moss roses for a rocky area that is hard to water.  Plus, I need to mow and trim back the vinca that wants to take over the world!  All fun stuff.  Seriously.

And something new to do!  Our mayor is an avid cyclist and is leading rides through the city!  This will be my new Wednesday evening activity as often as possible.  Isn't that so cool?  I'm chuffed.

And finally, after what seems like forever, I started really cooking for myself again.  What I had been doing was merely feeding myself, but last night I fixed a proper (and really good) meal.  Yes, it was simple (chicken breast and roasted brocolli) but it was done to perfection.  I'm a damned fine cook and I need to treat myself to it more often. 

On the health front, oh my goodness - I now know first hand about carb-loading and hydration - otherwise known as bloat!  I was so water-logged yesterday that my boobs were actually perky again!  And I know I must have logged a half-mile heading back and forth to the ladies'.  Feeling much more myself today. 

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Poised for possibilities.

-Roxie






10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are loving life, Roxie - how wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the bike rides with the Mayor. Great way to spend an evening and meet new people!

    Looks like a whole new you is emerging thanks to your move into the city. This new person is quite the interesting gal.

    It's funny - when I get water logged my skin gets all wrinkly, but if it works differently for you - enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is - I'm water-logged from the inside out and not the reverse....

      Delete
  3. Everything sounds lovely and it's lovely to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious lady!

    That is cool about the major bike rides!

    If I lived closer, I would love to come help with the yard... working outside with the plants is serenity to me. :)

    I love the invitations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love this yard - it really is something special. The prior owner really knew her stuff. And her stuff keeps growing!

      Delete
  5. LOL, I would rather come for the tea party.....because I would love to see the invite and have an excuse to find a hat and gloves for the occasion.
    I also think biking with the Mayor might be just the ticket to becoming more civic aware. (Sometimes we just don't see the whole picture.)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, that's the whole reason I decided to throw the party - the perfect excuse to buy a hat!

      Delete
  6. Biking with the Mayor! How cool is that? And the invite looks great. You are living it girl!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.