Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sigmund The Sea Monster


Topiary By Roxie
Spent a spectacular spring evening outside trimming back more shrubs.  I'm not trying to do any fancy trimming - mostly I'm Edward Scissorhanding everything into a Sigmund The Sea Monster topiar form.  If you look at some of the shrubs in the back ground of the backyard photo you can see some of my handiwork.

Cycho-Cycle this morning was a killer, per usual.  And I'm always glad when it's over and I'm always glad that I did it. 

I've heading over to my local bike shop to get a Presta adapter.  I've got two pumps and no adapter.  So here's a question for all you presta using cyclists - do you use an adapter as a stem cap so that it's always with you? 


I'm also on the fence about clipless shoes/pedals.  I'm leaning towards SPD's, as I can see myself doing more touring than racing.  Plus, I believe SPD is the spin class standard - if I've got that wrong, please let me know.  I'm looking at shoes/pedals tonight, too.  It's supposed to be rainy later on in the week, so I'll wait to take Inez in for a tune-up and new pedals then.


Sea Monsters In the Chorus







Spa day is coming up with Pebbles on Friday.  It's not the run-of-the-mill spa so this could be interesting.  I don't know what to expect - more like the Turkish baths, I think.

Party plans are continuing to gel.  Invitations will go out next week!











Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Get In Shape.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm....guess i'm no help....whats a Presta adapter.... do i need one should i get one??? Just bought new biking gloves and found my padded biking shorts but maybe i need this adapter...what am i adapting??? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,

      If you don't have those skinny road tires, then you don't need a presta adapter because you have a standard valve stem - a Shraeder(sp?) I think.

      I need some new gloves for summer, too. Glad you reminded me - I'll put some on my list....

      Delete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-PD-A530-Dual-Platform-Pedal/dp/B002NVJEOM

    I bought a new touring bike in the Fall and had the dual platform pedals put on. I also got some Keen sandals and cleats put in and I love that combination. I like that if I have the dual platforms I wouldn't have to wear bike shoes. I guess I sacrifice a tad bit in the weight of the pedal, but I love having the cleat or no cleat option. I love reading about weight maintenance, gardening, and biking so your blog is perfect for me. Love, love, love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - that's a great idea! Thanks for the info. You are always so kind.

      Delete

We'll try this for a while.