Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tiresome Tuesday

Jasmine on the back fence

I surely did not want to get up this morning.  The alarm had been going off for several minutes before it finally caused me to stir.  I sleeping hard - which rarely happens.  I wish there was some sort of metering system that would monitor my sleep and automatically prevent the alarm from going off if I am asleep in such fashion.  I stumbled and fumbled around here for quite a bit, but I did get my behind to spin class - the hardest one of the week.  I'm glad it's on Tuesday and over for the week :-)

Mundane life stuff is happening around here - got another blood draw in the morning.  Meeting with my accountant next week.  Beginning to get prepped for my upcoming trip to Nashville.  If anyone has any "must sees and dos" in Nashville, please let me know.  I'm sort of at a loss.

This conference is offering morning yoga, so that will be interesting - it is a huge conference, so it might be a giant class.  The way it works is that you sign up and pay in advance, and then you get your yoga mat upon check-in and you keep it through the conference and turn it in the last day.  I'll need to figure out some other exercise options as well.  I can't remember what kind of gym facilities are at the G@ylord, as the last time I was there, I was still a runner, so I was running out of doors.

PAF:  1

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Without adequate rest, nothing else really works.

-Roxie
146

6 comments:

  1. I was sleeping hard too this morning - my alarm had been going off for 3 full minutes before I realized it. Mr. Helen as well because normally he would poke me to wake up but he slept right through it all. Maybe something in the air?

    The only recommendation I have for Nashville has to do with food... not sure you need that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please - a woman has got to eat? Might as well enjoy it - I'm on the company nickel and I do try to eat well when I travel - so hit me :-)

      Delete
  2. If you have a smart phone, there are apps that monitor your sleep cycles and wake you up (in a pre-defined window) when you're at a lighter stage. Most of them use the phone itself, tucked under the fitted sheet or your pillow, as the accelerometer to measure how much you're moving. There are also alarm clocks that use a head or wristband (search sleep cycle alarm clock), watch-type models, and I think some of the new fitness monitors also do this (see your blue and yellow electronics store, they've got a bunch on display to fiddle with).

    I used one on my phone briefly; it messed up my phone-recharging schedule so I gave up on it, but I'm considering one of the wrist-mounted ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting! Thanks, Lyn. And here I thought I had an original idea.....

      btw - now taking classes with Landon....

      Delete
  3. I was going to tell you about the smartphone app, but Lyn did:). I tried it once, but I was too much of a control freak to give it a 30 minute window in which to have the alarm go off. I wear my Fitbit when I sleep and it is amazing how many times I wake up.

    I think the Nash Trash tour is a hoot, but maybe I'm goofy. It's not "high class", but I sure thought it was fun. http://www.nashtrash.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nashtrash tour is exactly the kind of thing I LOVE! I went right out to check. Unfortunately, nothing is available while I'm there. Darnit. But thanks for the recommendation - chances are I would have never found it on my own....

      Delete

We'll try this for a while.