Friday, March 2, 2012

You're Soaking In It

I could use this room with a view right about now.  Man, yesterday's spin class (followed by a session of ab work) followed up with hours in the garden has me sore and creaky this morning.  I'm glad to have an "easier" spin class on tap for this morning so that I can work some of the kinks out.

I did get a lot accomplished in the garden yesterday, but man, oh, man, there is still a lot to do.  I will just need to keep after it - do some on a near-daily basis.  It's not hard work, but right now, things are growing like gangbusters, so it is a lot to keep up with.  I know that this time of the year from March through April will be hectic and then it will settle down - I've lived through the summer here, and it's pretty easy.  (She said hopefully).

I'm going back to hear the Big Band tonight - and if all goes as planned, Valerie and her dad will be joining me.  He is 76 and doesn't socialize much and she thought he might enjoy hearing this.  So we'll see.

I'm planning on more garden work tomorrow, followed by another workshop on Saturday.  Pebbles and Slater are coming over on Sunday, so we'll try to fit in a ride then.

PAF:  1  Streak:  2

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Soak.

-Roxie
144.5

4 comments:

  1. I woke up creaky myself. No good excuse, I just think I am have a touch of old Uncle "Arthur"(itis). Once I get moving it feels much better.

    Big Band night sounds wonderful. It was nice to get the poor guy out of the house. Good luck.

    I can't wait for pics of the yard. Also, congrats on signing up for the Dallas Bike Tour. You have fun kids. Don't you just love 'em!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To this Minnesotan, gardening at the beginning of March would only be a miracle! For me gardening is a mixed bag: While it can make the winterized body creak and groan, it brings rewards for months to come. I'm going to put in a garden this spring for the first time in many years. I'm not sure my body can handle it, but I going to give it a good try. Happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of creakiness, but still, isn't it nice to know that it's because of all your activity? Way to hit life, Roxie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working in the garden at this time of year as spring enters is so rewarding. I always manage a low back spasm from yanking weeds, pulling out dead stuff, and moving muscles that have been hibernating all winter. In another few weeks I'll get started on it.

    With your working out, you'll be toned for the most arduous of gardening!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.