Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Clipless Frock

Another great municipal ride last night.  I was iffy about going as I had some medical testing scheduled for yesterday afternoon, but I felt fine afterwards, so I went.  Had a great, fast ride.  We were flying.  Rather than peel off into a sub-group, we ate dinner with the group at a patio Mexican food restaurant.  The Honorable sat down with us and made her second comment to me that night about my cycling dress.  Said she needed to get one for herself, as she had to change clothes at the office and hated the walk out and leave in her cycling togs.

Another successful night being clipless.  I working on being able to clip out at a higher cadence - not that I would ever really need to, but I think it's helpful to get the practice.

Insomnia is kicking my butt again, but this morning I put it to good use.  I've been up since 3AM, so I went ahead and went to the store and have made lemon curd and lemon/poppyseed scones to take to the tech team as a thank-you for a high-profile project that rolled out on Monday.  Successfully, I might add.  Unfortunately, these scones didn't turn out as well as the party ones, but hey, fresh baked scones by their very nature can't be bad - some are just better than others.  The benefit of baking in wee hours is that I am not at all tempted to scarf down all sample any of my wares - I rarely get hungry before 9:30 am.  Well, I did sample one scone, via the three second rule - I think that's a universal law of some sort.

It's time to get this stuff wrapped up and head for the office - about the time I get there, I know I'll be exhausted.  It figures.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Take wing.

-Roxie


1 comment:

  1. Well you beat me by an hour and a half this morning. Way to make good use of the early hours. Like you I don't get hungry till mid morning either.

    So you are becoming BFF's with the Mayor? Nice. Glad your project was successful and nice of you to treat your co-workers. I wouldn't expect anything less from your sweet self :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.