Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally Friday

I'm off to spin class again this morning.  I'd fallen way off in my attendance over the past couple of weeks, but it's time to return to it.  If I want to get through the mountains of SE Oklahoma next month, I need to get with it.   Only a half day for me today, then I meet Pebbles and The Grand Beast at the house.  TGB is staying with me for the weekend.  I am hopeful that he will be calm and settled and have no further allergic reactions to his Gigi's house so that I can go on about my business - just popping in to let him out, etc on Saturday.  I'm doing another group ride on Saturday morning, followed by workshop in the afternoon.  I think I'm blissfully free on Sunday, so it's probably time for some meditation - probably at my local church, just to stay closer to home. 

Plumbing Doc's report says I'm a good candidate for corrective surgery and that recovery requires 3-4 weeks of no exercise.  I'm thinking of scheduling the surgery in the hottest part of the summer - late July/early August.  I just scheduled a quick trip back to WA in early July to take my Mom and Sister.  Yea, I know.  I said I was done with that.  At least it's every three-four years now, rather than every year - and it's four days rather than two weeks.  I'm good with that.  

I'm looking forward to spending some more time pruning the landscape around here.  That, more than anything, has helped "tidy things up".  It's amazing how fast that stuff will grow.  I've also learned re:  my grass issues, that I may need to go ahead and purchase a mower - that my weedeating has probably been too aggressive for the St. Augustine.  

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  TGIF.

-Roxie



4 comments:

  1. Which of the routes are you doing in OK? I checked out the Metric Century on Map My Rides
    (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/17720970/) and it didn't look too terrible. Bulk of the climbs are in the first 15 miles and nothing is over 3% grade. You'll be fine on that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your summer is already planned out, with the trip and surgery and bike rides - how much do I love that you have a group to ride with?!? So very cool. :)

    Hope the weekend with the grandbeast goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my sweet friend, I shall let you know how I fare in doing no exercise for 3-4 weeks. This is the part I am not looking forward to. I think you and I need to find other things that will occupy our time....is there something you've always wanted to learn to do? Knit? Scrapbook? Maybe do some of those nifty ideas you see on Pinterest? You'll be beautifying that already beautiful home of yours. Keep me posted as the date gets closer. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE that face!!! What a great photo! I want to meet TGB!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.