Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Gratefuls

So yesterday morning while driving to work, I was thinking about the municipal bike ride today and how I really needed to get more fitness t-shirts/sports bras to wear under my Pearl Izumi cycling dress (pictured left). I swear on a slab of bacon that I no sooner got to work than my neighbor across the street FB'd me to tell me that a friend of hers had given her a bunch of clothes for her daughter and the daughter had selected what she wanted already - that there was some sports stuff in there and did I want to paw through it before she donated it?  Sure, I said.

So yesterday afternoon, while I was in the midst of my post-dx haze, she brought over two bags of stuff.  Oh.My.Christmas - seriously - a running skirt, running leggings (I wear these when cycling) and about ten fitness Ts - plus some amazing shirts and blouses - these things came from a rich woman who spent a lot of time shopping.  I've recently fallen in love with the old-fashioned lace shirts - and there were THREE of them in this batch - along with other stuff so great.  There is a Neiman's fake croc coat that I would love to have, but it's too small for me, darn it!  But there are three designer-type purses - one with the tags still on it and in it were two pair of gorgeous sunglasses.  Seriously - this is a treasure trove of fun goodness stuff.

Just a gift, supplied by an unexpected source.  And I am grateful.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Life gives in abundance.

-Roxie
147

5 comments:

  1. Whoot!! That is just the neatest thing since sliced bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! I love surprises like that. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love free clothing especially when a rich person buys stuff and tosses it right into a bag, tags and all. (My sister does this!) How nice you have a new spring/summer workout wardrobe without expense. Talk about grace.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.