Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In It Up To My Neck

Neck As Pin Cushion
Warning:  This post contains squeamish things.  I recommend you stop reading now.

My trip to the endo was a bit unnerving.  Nodules that had been there, but dormant for 25 years, have sprung to life and doubled in size.  Clusters that did not exist are now a 3.5 on a 1-4 scale of blood flow.  After the scan, he said "Let's just work you in for your biopsy today.  We won't get to use the prescription numbing medication, but we'll get through it with the freezing spray."

Ten aspirations later, I look like I've been attacked by: 1.  a love sick hickey monster and/or 2.  someone intent on strangling me and/or 3.  a deranged acupuncture student.  It's a good thing I like and have lots of scarves because I don't own a single turtleneck and I'm going to need to cover up the bruising for a few days.  The only not unnerving thing was that he didn't put any kind of a rush on the labs (if there is such a thing).  I go back next Tuesday for the results.


ETA:

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.

—   from positively positive dot com
Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Black and Blue is no one's color palette.

-Roxie

13 comments:

  1. Wow...I am unnerved for you! Thinking positive, healthy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen.

      It will all be okay - it's just a matter of when.

      Delete
  2. Sending good thoughts your way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelley. I've returned more to normal today.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Long time, no see Angela Pea!

      I tried to email you last month when I was hauling out to Parker county to ride the trails to see if you wanted to join us - but the email I have for you bounced back.

      Delete
  4. Thinking good thoughts for you! And yes, not rushing the results is a positive sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish this northern friend could send you a stack of turtlenecks and a big hug. I'm thinking of you, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It will all be okay - it's just a matter of when."

    Hoping "when" is sooner rather than later. Good thing you had this done in the spring. Imaging wearing scarves in summer and explaining that away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lady! Sending you a big hug! Great quote... good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brave one, you are. Take good care of your mental health and breathe a sigh that this day is off your check-list. Hang in there, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope all is well with you. best wishes for great news soon.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.