Monday, April 2, 2012

Open to the Possibility




I’m declaring myself open to the possibility of dating again. I’m not taking any action - not doing anything about it, don’t even know of any potentials - I am just putting it out in the universe. I am open to a new experience.



It’s been a year and an amazing year at that. Not mountain-top amazing, but the opportunity for a good deal of self-realization and personal growth. I’ve learned so much about myself over the past year - most of it good, all of it helpful.



I see my view of the world shifting - to one of abundance. So much of my life has been lived in fear of losing what I had. If was the fear of losing that was most acute - not the actual loss.



I will not define happiness as being coupled. I will not focus on this as a “goal” - lord knows I’ve been around the block to know that attaining a goal doesn’t always make one permanently happy. I’ve hit enough goals throughout my life to know there is not always the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I know enough to know that one can be coupled and be miserable.



I will not put boundaries on what happiness, peace, joy and contentment can look like. It’s all here right now as much as I am open to receiving.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Dwell In Possibility.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. I love this
    I, too, am working to live each day OPEN TO THE POSSIBILITY.
    to clarify NOT in dating :) I dont know my husband would love that, but in allotherrealms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...I believe that when you make yourself open to things, they DO happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Roxie. Available to the universe and its offereings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! Being open to possibilities is to be open to life in its most well-lived state. I think that has always been a part of who you are. Controlling our fears is a huge step. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.