Monday, April 23, 2012

Post-Party Depression

Candelabra arrangement

Table Centerpiece

Not depression, merely exhaustion - but what a fun party!  I have no pictures, but Slater was snapping pictures like a paparazzi at a Lindsey Lohan sighting and promises to make them available soon.

Both Slater and Pebbles were fully made of awesome in bringing the whole thing off and have it appear effortless.  I was able to mix and mingle and visit and know everything was being handled.  Lesson learned:  whenever throwing a gathering of this size or larger?  Hire some help. 

I had an absolute blast decorating for this deal - all the floral arrangements came entirely from my garden - and I was so pleased with how they turned out.  The large centerpiece pictured at right was my favorite - it looks a little chaotic in the picture, but held it's own when set on a table outside.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and after it was over - Pebbles and Slater stayed to help clean up!!!! - I crashed.  I was going to take a nap and basically I slept for nearly fourteen hours. 

I was very happy with my food planning - I ended up with a little bit of leftovers of everything (which I packed off to Dallas with Slater) - so there was no great big overages.  One funny thing I did learn afterwards - I had figured out the champagne - but had failed to tell Pebbles that when it was gone, it was gone - so when I started running low (early, she thought) - she dispatched Slater to buy more - and it turns out that the new stuff wasn't even opened - so I've got 4 more bottles of bubbly in the fridge - the makings of the next party :-) 

The lemon curd and the scones were the absolute hit of the party - I think there was one scone left and the lemon curd compote was nearly licked clean. 

More as I remember it :-)

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Create Your Own Fun.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Glad the party was a success! The flower arrangements are beautiful and extra-special, in that they came from your garden - how very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps party planning will be your next career? Or flower arranging? Both here are lovely, and even better knowing they are from your own garden. Doesn't it feel great when the party's over, and it all went well! Bask in your success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A party followed by sleeping for hours has to have been a great party! The arrangements are just beautiful. Even if I had the ingredients I could never come up with something like those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those centerpieces look amazing, Roxie! All from your backyard? You really have an eye for arranging. I'm so glad the party was so successful. I've had those crashes afterwards, too. You are running on so much adrenaline that you don't really notice how tired you already are until later. Hope you had a nice, long sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! The arrangements are gorgeous!! Great job! Can't wait to see more photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.