Monday, April 16, 2012

Retooling Sunday


 
Oh, let's see - took my Sis, Mom and daughter out to that place out in Tolar.  What a disappointment - the Peppered Chicken and Dumplings weren't on the menu - the online menu was "out of date".  I ended up with the veggie plate, which was pretty good - the green chile cheese grits were awesome!  However, the service was so bad as to laughable.  We had a good time in spite of the level of service.

Pebbles got up early (for her) on Saturday and we headed back to here.  Pebbles loved the ride as well, except that the wind was horrible on Saturday - we almost got blown into the river a couple of times.  After returning from the ride, we dropped Inez off at the bike shop for some re-tooling of her own.

I bought proper biking shoes, platform pedals (the LBS dude called them "training wheels" - what a way to make me come back there and spend more of my dollars guy), Shimano pedals, a computer for this bike, and Inez got her complimentary, but belated, new bike tune-up.  She had to spend the night at the LBS, as we couldn't wait for her, as I had my comedy workshop again, so I went back and picked her up when the shop opened on Sunday.

The new workshop group was great.  It appears to be a really supportive and creative group - most are out actually performing, either professionally or at open mike nights - and they are really funny and good.  I wish big things for them.  I talked myself out of going out to Garland to see three of them perform on Saturday night and upon reflection, I should have done it.  I just didn't want to be so tired on Sunday from being out late.

And speaking of Sunday - I need to re-tool my Sundays - they have become pretty hard for me recently - and I need to do a better job of planning activities to get me out of my own head.  It doesn't help that I woke up at 2:30 am and could not get back to sleep.  I do better when I schedule a group meditation, sitting with the Buddhists or a bike ride to start the day - it's time to get back to it.  If I have a lousy Sunday, it seems I start Monday in the "hole", so to speak.  I managed to work my way out of it and through it today by doing all the things that I KNOW work for me, but in the throws of a low, can't seem to make myself do.  So, I'm back at it today.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Re-tool.

-Roxie
148.5

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your sunday head!
    It took me having a child to change that around as Id immediately wake (4a) on sundays and commence monday fretting.
    it wasnt pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Platform pedals = training wheels? Hmph. I use platforms on the off road bike...there are too many opportunities to break an ankle if you can't get your foot free quickly!

    Yeah on the new bike shoes!! Super exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get out of the hole, I know that takes a lot of work and courage to pull ourselves out of that muck. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    I'm intrigued... green Chile cheese grits, sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep on suggesting to Hubby that we dust the bikes off & get out there... Harumph, never enough hrs in the day!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.