Thursday, April 19, 2012

RSVP: Por Favor

I'm hoping to hear from the other half of the guest list soon.  I need to make a decision about renting chairs by tomorrow.  I can handle seating for 29 - I've got 21 confirmed, a few regrets and 24 unaccounted for.  If worse comes to worse, I'll text a few attendees and ask them to throw a chair in the back of their car.

Now is time for the panic to start - have I thought of everything?  Do I have enough food?  Truth is, I've never even come close to running low and everytime I make a last minute decision to add something, it's always money wasted.  I do think that I'm going to make some more scones - perhaps in a different shape - just because the mini scones are so stinking cute!

Went on the municipal bike ride last night and got to spend some pedal time with Angela as we huffed and puffed  powered our way up the hills by the zoo.  It was a fun ride, but I wasn't quite ready for it to end.  When last I saw Angela, she was flying down the very steep hill at the end of Taylor street.  I didn't want to have to power back up, so I stopped at my car, midway down.  All in all, it was a nice ride.  Our little group met at ERG where I enjoyed more of that yummy chicken tortilla soup.

I've succumbed to Mom Pressure and have agreed to keep the Grand Beast next weekend while the kids go to Tulsa for a pre-Mother's Day visit with his parents.  Since Pebbles has already invited me, my Mom, and sister to her place for Mother's Day brunch, it's only fair that I do what I can to make sure Slater's momma gets to see him.  Here's hoping for an allergic-reaction free weekend with The Barkster.  The only thing I've got planned for that weekend is a group bike ride and workshop.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Mind Your Manners.

-Roxie
146.5

3 comments:

  1. No RSVPing is one of my social pet peeves!! I just don't understand how people don't get it that you're supposed to respond. Period. In any case I am sure it will turn out fun and fabulous - wish I could be there to partake of a mini scone. I adore miniature food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to computer issues, I've missed your last couple posts and just read about the Hashimoto's. As Rosanne-rosannadanna wisely opined, "It's always something!" I agree with Karen - self advocacy is vital. You're pretty wise and reasonable ...I trust you'll find your way with this and trust your gut, even more than the docs! I've been through thyroid issues myself and know the importance of keeping up with blood work and such.

    The only thing better than a mini scone is a plateful of them! Ooops - that's my food addict talking. This is quite an affair you're undertaking - can't wait for pics and Monday quarterbacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not RSVPing has become a real issue for some reason...not sure why, but it sure is rude. I'd make anyone who shows up without RSVPing stand. Well, not I probably wouldn't because two wrongs don't make a right, but still... ;-) Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.