Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Because I don't tweet

Need a record of this: 

"If we would only listen with the same passion that we feel about wanting to be heard."  

From Brene Brown and Harriet Lerner. 

Also from Brene:

I've been trying to practice passionate listening for the past couple of weeks and it's been a challenge. When I really listen rather than thinking and formulating my response as people are talking, the entire conversation takes on a new cadence. It's slower and there's more white space between exchanges. It's a little weird at first, but it's also very powerful.


This is an integral part of "The Tao of Improv".  It's part of what I am learning. 

3 comments:

  1. I love Brene Brown... really LISTENING has been something I have to practice each day. She has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who drives me crazy with her long silent moments during our telephone conversations. I wonder if she is practicing passionate listening or multi tasking during our conversation?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.