Thursday, May 17, 2012

Coming Attractions

While perusing the summer schedule of classes at my gym, I was T.H.R.I.L.L.ED to see a 6am class.  I've always wanted to take a class, but it never seemed to work with my schedule.  So my new schedule - starting May 29 - will be spin three days a week and the fitness class one day.  As an added bonus, they have some yoga classes immediately after work - something to remember for rainy days! Woo to the Hoo!

I got the information on the aid trip to Vietnam.  The trip goes into villages with nearly 100% of population infected with TB and look away right now if you are squeamish worms/internal parasites.  I just don't know that I'm up for such a trip.


I am looking forward to seeing The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, but it is not even showing in my town.  When they said limited release, I guess they meant it.  This movie - the story line, location and cast is so appealing to me, however, that I might just have to make the trek over to Big D to see it.  Note to self:  Check to see if it is showing at that theatre by the train station. 



And in "its-a-damned-wonder-I-find-my-way-home-each-day" news, I've pulled a couple of headshakers in the past couple of days.  Everytime I would get into MalibuKen, I'd think to myself, "This car smells funny".  So finally, I proceded to head-down-butt-up search every nook and cranny of MalibuKen but could find nothing that would cause such an odor.  After nearly a week, I finally remembered that I'd stopped off at the nursery and bought a bag of compost and put it in the trunk. 


Who's Dumber Than?
Me.

And hammer number two - I was cooking myself a hamburger patty on my petite George Foreman.  As a matter of practice, I set the thing on a cutting board and kind of cantalever the whole mess over the sink.  As I took my burger out of the package of pre-formed burgers, I decided that I needed to go ahead and cook the other three before they turned.  So I ate my patty and then cooked off the other three, one at a time.  I leave the GF there to cool off.  Time passes.  True confession:  I did not do the dishes that night, so the GF was still on the counter.  I awaken in the middle of the night, thirsty, so I go to the kitchen for a glass of water.  I turned on the water, grabbed a glass, filled it up and stood there to drink.  I noticed that the sink wasn't draining.  Then it hit me - I'd clogged my own sink up with grease!  When cooking one burger, all the grease was contained on the cutting board.  When cooking four, it dripped off the cutting board, into the sink, and down the drain, only to create a plug at the bend.   Fortunately, Roto-Google had the answer - salt, baking soda and boiling water.  I got the distinct pleasure of unclogging my sink at 3 o'clock in the morning. 

Got out this morning and went to the track.  Tonight's a meet up with a former co-worker from the Dark Ages. 

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Know your Limitations.

-Roxie
145.5

6 comments:

  1. Don't you hate pulling bonehead moves like clogging your own sink? Just as an FYI, a lot of carrot peels and the garbage disposal don't seem to get along.

    I want to see that movie, too - it's not showing here. Crum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. The sink thing is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a hoot to read! Thank goodness it was just a bag of compost, haha!

    I can't wait to see that movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love my George Foreman, and use it often. What a great "recipe" for unclogging a sink. I'm going to write that one down. As for the car odor--It's amazing what we can forget in the car. I had a container of yogurt slip out of the grocery bag a couple of months ago, but didn't know it. It continued to make its presence known until I finally decided to do a more thorough search and recover mission. Whew! At least I can now take on passengers again, without getting funny looks and inquiring comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok lady, thank you for the laugh! Leaving the compost in the trunk it TOTALLY something I would & have done. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will go see the movie for everyone over the weekend and let you know what I think. I have been know (almost every day) to pick the hammer up myself. Makes me feel not so bad when I read a smartie like you do it as well.

    This made me smile this morning, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.