Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Endogenous Morphine

Available from Amazon
A big thanks to my friend in Florida who listened to a snot-slinging me for an hour on the phone last night.  Jeez Louise.  Rather cathartic, I suppose.  I knew this morning that I wanted a big shot of feel good first thing - so I pulled out the running shoes and headed for the track.  Didn't have a lot of time, but needed to get sweaty and out-of-breath, so I did some HIITs - walking, sprints, jogging - all an intervals that were spaced enough to get a good sweat and heart rate going.  I was careful, however, to try to prevent injury as my cardio fitness level far outweighs my muscular-skeletal fitness level for running these days.  The last thing, the very last thing, I need right now is to be laid up with injury - or even slowed by intense muscle soreness.

Came back from the track and stretched out in the garden some, while doing a few small little gardening chores.  Good start to the day.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others. Give yourself the best chance to be your best.

-Roxie
145.5

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you didn't leave the comments open on your previous post for a reason, but I feel compelled to say that a loss is a loss is loss...it's real. It doesn't matter how old you are or whether you thin you should be over it. Grief doesn't follow a specific timeline and the stages of it are often repeated. It's not a nice, neat linear process. Resisting your feelings will only make them persist.

    Glad you allowed yourself a chance to be your best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this, Karen. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. You had me at Morphine! lol!
    Some DFW FB people are thinking about meeting up -
    Maybe a Brazilian Streak House...maybe a Paleo Picnic in the Park in Plano!
    I would love to "meat" up!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun! Let me know the details....

      Delete

We'll try this for a while.