Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gearing Up

source:  a rider from last year
 We are gearing up for some end-of-the-month fun!  Slater and Pebbles are joining Talia and me for the pay ride in OK.   I believe they are opting for a longer route than we have chosen, but that's okay.  After my last pay ride with Pebbles, I'm not really anxious to do it again.  We don't stand in agreement as to how these things should be done, so each of us is probably happier being with our own riding partner.  I want to enjoy the scenery at a pace that I am comfortable with.  It's a ride, not a race.  I am, however, thrilled that they are joining us.  They are actually going up sooner than we are, but will be sharing a room with me.

My sister is coming to stay at my house that night and will keep The Grand Beast for them here.  She won't drive to Dallas so still gets the paying job and TGB doesn't have to be kenneled.  Win for everyone, except my floors!  Ah well!  It should be interesting as TGB doesn't really like her, but Pebbles and I both agree that when it comes nighty night time, he'll change his tune.  Pebbles thinks he thinks she's wearing a hat and he hates people in hats.  She's not actually wearing a hat, but has her hair did all up all bright red and piled on top of her head.  She's five foot twelve barefooted, so I could see how TGB, even as big as he is, could wonder!

And speaking of dyed hair - I gave mine a dip last night.  Lordy, that mess looks like the cats has been chewing on it - even though I am pretty sure I got the same color as normal - I look remarkably like the love child of Elvira and Albert Einstein this morning.  Let's just say my hair grabbed the color and ran with it - as far away from my actual scalp as  it could go.  I'm considering wearing my bike helmet to work today.

There promises to be a fun benefit ride with The Honorable tonight, along with great food and drink from Central Market apres pedal, but tonight is my semi-annual all-nighter at work, so I have to miss it!  Boo Hiss!

There was a cool front that blew through yesterday, but, alas, no rain.  The good news is that I'm getting ready to gear up to go back to the track this morning.  The bad news is that I just realized I forgot to charge my iPod.  Dammit Janet!  I guess the birds will have to provide my soundtrack this morning.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Gear up for fun.

-Roxie
144.5




3 comments:

  1. The pay ride sounds like such fun. The Architect has been trying to convince me that we need to attend the next MB pay ride and time trial in Palo Duro Canyon. It's a 24 hour team event. In the desert. Climbing rocks on a bike. And it involves sleeping in a tent. *sigh*

    We're missing tonight, too. I have a board meeting at the High School. I'm considering the Commute to Work ride on the 18th. The only issue would be leaving my car parked in a remote place all day long...

    Have a wonderful day, Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should go! Seriously - how long will it be before those boys will want to be doing things with other people. Sleep in the tent - it can't be much worse than walking the floor with them when they were colic-y babies! Plus - Palo Duro Canyon - Bonus! I've never been there so I could live vicariously through you.

      Hmmm, commute to work, huh? Something to think about....maybe on Cha-Cha.....

      Delete
  2. How much do I love that TGB thinks your sister's hair is a hat? Dogs! They are so freaking hilarious.

    The pay bike ride sounds fun and I'm so glad you'll have company, yet not have to stick to someone else's agenda. Fun times for all this way!

    Sorry you're missing the ride tonight - working all night? Not fun.

    Hope you had a great walk this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.