Monday, May 21, 2012

I Am Inspired

ayearwithoutmirrors.com
On of my "truths" is the belief that what I focus on expands.  So if I am focusing on lack, it grows.  If I am focusing on the chagrin I feel when I step on the scales, it grows.  If I focus on fear, the fear gets bigger.  On a path that only my crazy brain can follow, this lead me to thinking about ways to incorporate the positive into my daily life.  I began to look for a "slogan" - specifically a response to the oft-asked question "How are you today?"

The options ranged from the ridiculous to the sublime and in the sublime category - INSPIRED.  I am inspired.  So for the foreseeable future, when asked how I am, I will respond with "I am inspired". 

I am inspired to make sure I get in some good exercise five days a week.  I've been listening to Younger Next Year for Women, not that I feel the need to be younger, but I do want to remain healthy and fit for as long as possible.  And to that end, I got up and ran this morning - not for very long, but long enough to get my heart rate up and to start dripping sweat.  Speaking of aging, I absolutely adored The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  I now want to wear only linen and go to India.  It was also interesting in how the movie studios market to the silvers - I've never enjoyed the previews of coming attraction so much as I did yesterday - no big action blockbusters, but small, little films that will appeal only to a certain demographic.  And speaking of demographic - I'd venture to say I was one of the youngest people in the theatre - and we all clapped and cheered when it was over.  Note to movie makers - we will go see movies depicting people our age, wrinkles and all. 

I am inspired to do some creative tasks - namely to "doll up" my front porch - without doing any shopping.  I'm to use the things that I have on hand.  Right now, I've this this trash-picked wash tub that is painted a mint green.  I'm thinking it could become a planter.  I've got a regular bed pillow that I am going to sew in half to make a bolster pillow and I'll cover it with something - and perhaps even break out the sewing machine and applique something on it.  Hmmm - I'll check my pinterest boards - I'm sure there is a saying or graphic that I will find appealing. 

I am inspired to read some more of the A Year With

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Be Inspired. 

-Roxie


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this..."inspired" is so much more...better (LOL) than "motivated," which to me (and I realized I am weird), always feels like "forced."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT, and will stay inspired for a while. Actually, I have just noted that I have been inspired for a quite a while. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first paragraph up there hit home with me for a number of reasons... off to look for my own inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.