- my local bike shop DIDN'T make me feel like an idiot for having trouble with my flat tires
- I was in the bike shop when they gave away a used, but refurbished bike, to a man who I can only assume was in some sort of halfway house for what appeared to be a serious and long-term addiction of some sort - I knew I liked those folks there
- I almost talked myself out of going on The Honorable's ride as I didn't "like" the route - but I stuck with my "always choose more people option" and went anyway - hell, as it turns out, I'd never even been anywhere close to there and it was an awesome ride
- a new, more social and less "lycra, components and mileage" bike group is being formed - YAY!
- I got a good report from my dentist along with a recommendation NOT to have the additional surgery that the perio was recommending - it had always felt unnecessary to me
- Had a wonderful surprise phone chat with my dear friend Meg. I know I jabbered her ear off - sorry, Meg!
- This month's electric bill - $20.90. How much do I love this little energy efficient place?
- Had a conversation with an acquaintance and a stranger and I was able to practice "being interested and not interesting" - it's a skill I am working on - thanks to emprov - listening and asking questions - and thanks to that strategy, I learned some new and interesting information
- Last but not least, I am glad that the kids didn't suffer any (too much) damage from last evening's hail storm
I'm through exercising until Saturday's rally - the two-a-day yesterday was the last big hurrah - tapering - no - stopping - until Saturday morning's ride. Turns out Marty will be there as well, so that will make us a trio. I still need to do some prep work before Friday afternoon - get my car cleaned out, as I am driving. I need to hit the store for some nutrition to take with in case the rest stops are all bare by the time us slow-pokes move through. I need to get maps, etc printed out and pack my overnight bag - including my swimmy suit! Hotel with a pool - bonus! Plus I need to look for a restaurant for Friday dinner.....along with the other stuff that needs to happen around here - I'll be whipping and spurring to get things done - as soon as it gets light this morning, I'm out to mow the yard. Great thing about a reel mower - it's completely quiet - if I can see, I can mow and not disturb the neighbors.
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. It's a good thing.