Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mowed Down

I never expected it would go like it did.  Elapsed time from sitting down to uncrate the machine, putting it together, mowing the lawn and ensconcing "her"  (needs a name - and it can't be Troy - I hate that name) - FIFTY MINUTES!  Fifty minutes of wonderfulness - my coffee didn't even get cold.  Who would have expected all I would need to do would be to assemble and attach the push bars, adjust the height and I'd be ready to roll? No tools required!  Woo Hoo!


Here's my review of the Troy-Bilt  TBR 16 (I didn't get the bagging attachment).  Easy, easy, easy to put together.  Cut through the Saint Augustine like butter.  I did have some less-than-optimal results when mowing the "hell strip" in the front yard, as there were some single, tall weed/straw thingies it would miss.  It was difficult to get to the edge of my flower beds, as I have the edges dug out, so I will have to come back with the string trimmer to neaten it all up.  Lightweight and ergonomic - at least for my postage-stamp sized yard.

I made an interesting discovery in Zumba yesterday - I can follow along better if I am looking forward and to the right at my instructor, rather than from the left.  It was the exact same routines as last Tuesday and I did much better following along the first time than I did yesterday.  I don't know why that is - everything just felt "off".  So next time, I will muscle that co-ed who took my spot while I went to put my water bottle up!  I really don't believe in "my spot", but I'd never experienced the difference in learning (or at least I'm hoping I haven't lost that many brain cells in merely a week).

Talia is coming into town to join me on the The Honorable ride tonight.  I'm hoping it's not too darn hot at the start, as there is no shade on this route at all.  But it is out to the waterfall, which is fun.  Tomorrow night is another evening of helping a friend with her wedding reception decoration prep - all courtesy of the GNOs.  Don't have anything on tap for the weekend.  I was going to a payride out a ways from town, but Talia had to bail, so I don't know if I'm going it alone - Marty may go, so if so, I'll hang with her.

Today's Affirmation:  (paraphrased to suit me) Listening to my authentic self helps me keep my life uncomplicated.  


Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Life:  Some Assembly Required.

-Roxie












4 comments:

  1. Helen of Troy-bilt perhaps?
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, You are good! I do like that one....

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a positive experience with a piece of gardening equipment!

    Can't improve on Barb's name suggestion either - that's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it has to be a first :-)

      Delete

We'll try this for a while.