1. We made it to the airport for our 5:30 am flight without a glitch.
2. We arrived in Houston in time for our connecting flight.
3. We gambled and won - getting bumped for a $500 per person travel voucher and a very nice brunch at Pappasito's. We waited for four hours, yes, but Mom got to fly first class (her first time ever) into Seattle.
4. Figured out the new (and improved) rental car system/site at SeaTac. Negotiated a decent upgrade.
5. Stayed in a new-to-us accommodations and they were wonderful.
6. The weather was picture perfect every single day - highs in the mid to upper 70s - with sunshine.
7. A Fourth of July parade that was nearly two hours long (no bagpipes, but plenty of logging trucks!)
8. A walk through Christianson's Nursery - one of my favorite places on earth, followed by an afternoon in La Conner, as beautiful a seaside town as one could ever imagine.
|La Conner souvenir|
9. Pan-fried, local, Blau Pacific oysters for several meals and fresh-picked raspberries at many others (and between meals!).
10. Plenty of laughs.
Many things for which to be grateful.
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Count the blessings.