Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pedal Power

Pedal/Petal Power
We had a wonderful summer rainstorm last night and I'm taking credit for it, as I'd already watered my yard and flowers AND washed my car.  Still, it was a small price to pay.  I can't wait for sunlight to see how much everything has perked up!

Tonight, Talia is coming into town and we are riding with (well, not with, as she's injured) The Honorable's peleton - if the weather cooperates - Talia has been thwarted by the threat of or actual bad weather on a couple of Wednesdays.


This will be my first time back on the bike in over a week.  I last rode the third leg of the TdFW  Monday week and lost a battle with a guard shack gate arm.  The results weren't pretty - but I'm pretty well healed up now.


Talia has been burning up the road since her bike fitting with the local fitting guru. She says it's a-mazing, the difference it has made.  Given those changes and the fact I've been off the bike and still suffering from both my carb-fest the last day of the trip and my normal travel-gut, this might be a struggle for me.  I didn't get enough exercise while I was gone and so one day we were out and about and Mom was winded, so I plopped her down in a park and headed over to do some serious climbing up the side of a steep cliffish thing.  The stairs were natural and uneven and I spent about 30 minutes going up and down and my calf muscles have been screaming at me ever since.  I'm only now able to walk without wincing.  So it will be good to be back on Inez - as I've got another payride coming up on Saturday.  


Talia and her husband have invited us out to spend the night and have dinner with them and then head into town for the ride.  I am looking forward to it.  I've got a city-slicker story about Slater that prompted this whole deal - so I'll try to remember to tell that.  


Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Use your power.


-Roxie

14 comments:

  1. " . . . have invited us out to . . ." so nosey ol' me wonders who "us" is - you & Inez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. us = la familia - Pebbles, Slater and me.....

      if there was a new definition of "us" - GARers would be amongst the first to know ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ha, I wondered about "us" as well.... thanks to bikinfool for being "nosey" (and at first I read that name as bikini fool:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. He would probably cop to liking bikinis as well as bikes ;-)

      Delete
    3. Depends on who's wearing them - certainly not ME!! :)

      Delete
  3. I have loved your past few posts. Especially the one about sitting with your feelings. So hard to do, especially since I know what's best for all around me (rolling my eyes up into my brain) I love the way you analysis things. It really helps me look at my own motives. You're really a wise woman. I am lucky to be your friend :)

    Enjoy your ride and sleepover. Don't forget that Slater story.....anxious to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you ever going to update your blog? Hmmm?

      Delete
  4. Ouch! That is a brutal looking wound. And I thought that first comment said bikini fool, too, haha. Hope you have a good ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pay ride? You wouldn't happen to be coming out my direction? We - the entire Pea Family - will be at that particular ride this weekend...then the Fund Raising Ride to the north two weeks out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxie and The Family Stone will, in fact, be pedaling in your general direction :-)

      Delete
  6. Hello friend! Love the photo with the flowers & riders! Gorgeous. OUCH! Glad you hear you are healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.