Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Taken by Steve R - our local biking photographer
Saturday's activities left me on the couch for most of Sunday.  Went for a ride around the lake with some women I met while riding the TdeFW.  We plan on making it as regular a ride as possible.  After our ride, I came home and did some yard work for a couple of hours.  I needed to be cleaned up and at the wedding reception venue at 4pm.

So at 1pm, I decided that I needed a new dress to wear!  I never do that, but I ran over to TJMXX and picked up a cute dress for not much $$$.  The shopping trip, did, however, make me almost late for to the reception site.  I rolled in exactly on time, but everyone else was late.  Let's just say there was drama, lots of it.  Other than me, this is the last of my work acquaintances to be re-married.  We all unpaired about the same time.  Two of the newly formed couples were at the reception on Saturday and from looks of things, I may well be the luckiest of all.  Of course, a date might be nice.  Or not.

I got up Sunday morning at 8:30!!! Too late for a ride, but I did get out and do some more yardwork.  When the temp hit 100, I came indoors - I napped and tried to get interested in the Olympics (I think I must have adult onset AHD, as I am so easily distracted - well, not distracted, it's more of I can't seem to get "hooked" into much of anything - nothing holds my interest and I just wander off), but mostly I just slept on and off for most of the day.

This week is supposed to be ghastly hot, so I'm up early to get back to the gym.  I'm going to try to ride on Wednesday evening and Talia and I have another rally on Saturday, but I think it will be mostly gym time this week until the weather gets a bit cooler.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Be careful what you wish for.

-Roxie




11 comments:

  1. That's a great bike ride picture - I love your hair flying in the breeze! I just looked at the temps for the week for both here and there - hooboy, y'all are going to be HOT! We're only going to hit 101. :)

    As for the reception drama, I can live without that...and I don't think I could stand to be in a relationship if there was much drama happening. Who needs it?

    Have a good day; stay cool? Hah - like that's easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! After seeing that picture with my "wings", I immediately made an appointment to get my haircut... not more "in the breeze" for me....

      The reception felt more like a high school prom, actually.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you treated yourself to a new dress even if the reception wasn't all that. Maybe you will soon have a date to wear it again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your post this morning! It does look like a miserable, stupid-hot sort of week. Pfft. When the summer gets like this, I start to wonder about velodrome biking. I assume those tracks are air conditioned, right?

    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. may we add to the end AND HIDE INSIDE?

    stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bike pic! And score on the dress find!! Stay cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How're you liking your Pearl Ozumi biking shorts? I have capris (which I love) and just ordered some shorts. Can't wait for them to arrive although the weather has taken a turn for the hideously hot & smoggy. What kind of bike shoes are those? Like em?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE these PI shorts. They have a bit more length to them than regular shorts. I got them on the clearance rack back in December and now I'm afraid that I won't be able to find another pair exactly like them. These get a lot of wash and wear, as they are the only pair I own.

      The shoes are Bontrager MTB Race. I had been advised to stay away from road bike shoes and get a MTB shoe for comfort and ease. I'm sure glad I did. These were on the 75% off rack and they fit and I love them. Mine are last year's models, I suppose.

      Delete
  7. Do you know the type of PI shorts? I'm hoping to ride tomorrow morning -- it's been a long time and at this rate I may not make my monthly goal. Oh noes! haha

    What about sunglasses...have you found a pair that are good for cycling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very late to the game, Lee. They are longer inseam, Elite series shorts. From the website, I think they are the probably last years version, but very similar to the ones selling for $110.00 retail. I think I paid 35 on the clearance rack in the complete off season. BTW, I have found them to run small. I wear a 6-8 in clothes and wear a large in the PI shorts.

      Delete
  8. I don't know the type - I haven't figured out how to ID PI shorts. I do know that they have the orange chamois. I actually went looking to buy another pair just like them last week, but couldn't find any of that length. I will keep looking.

    The sunglasses that I have are Nike and they were in that grab bag of stuff that my neighbor gave me. So they are probably not available either. I don't think they are specific to cycling - probably running.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.