Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What Happens Next?: The Home Edition

There's a part of me that is asking just that question, "What happens next?".  What is the lesson in this for me?  I say that not in a woe-is-me fashion, but in  a rather bemused one.  Because last night found me cycling with this woman's husband.  And tonight, she is supposed to join the group for another spin.

How this transpired:  One of the women I met while doing the TdeFW, Donna,  FB'd me to ask if I wanted to go for a ride last night.  I responded yes and I happened to notice her job info.  I thought to myself - "What are the odds?".  Turns out, they were pretty good.  When the Ex-Agent's husband walked through the door and was introduced, I wasn't even that surprised.  I did respond that we had met before -that I was friends with MerryNewlywed and Her New Betrothed.  Whether he knows/knew enough about his wife's business to recognize the name and the connection, who knows?  I did not mention it.

I mean, I was pretty pissed and disappointed at the time.  I don't recall saying anything mean or hateful to her, but it was pretty damned obvious that I was seething.  But as it turned out?  BEST.THING.EVER.  My current home is much better suited to me, in a better neighborhood, is a better house and cost me less money.  I don't believe that I owe her an apology, but I am at a bit of a loss as to how to deal with this latest wrinkle?

What Happens Next?


I don't have a clue how this will unfold.  I will do my best to be gracious in this awkward situation, but I will have to rely upon in-the-moment-grace, as I don't see a clear path right now. 

ETA:  All will have to wait as I have been pressed into service to stand in for my boss at a dinner tonight. 

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Watch with amusement.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. You were completely justified to be seething with that agent. I say you separate the agent from the person she is and perhaps, given the opportunity you can say something along the lines of, "Funny how things work out - turns out losing that first property was the best thing that could have happened as the home I bought completely suits me."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out, I have to cancel tonight - have a work dinner to attend.

      Delete
  2. I agree - I don't believe you owe her an apology at all. You will be pleasant and a pleasure to be around and she will get the idea that you are in a happier place now and hopefully, will allow the past to remain so. Business is business. Mistakes are made; it would be different if you were now living in a crime riddled neighborhood instead of that lovely home. But things work out, and they did. Now, if SHE'S pissed and makes it known then that is her problem. At least you don't have to worry about carrying around that poisonous feeling. I'll be anxious to read how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out, I have to cancel tonight - have a work dinner to attend.

      Delete
  3. Ellen and Helen (funny, they rhyme) said it perfectly. Still, I'm sure you're a bit nervous to see how it all plays out. I would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out, I have to cancel tonight - have a work dinner to attend.

      Delete
  4. I agree with everything that has been said. Can't wait to see how this one plays out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out, I have to cancel tonight - have a work dinner to attend.

      Delete
  5. ok Im chiming in but agree with everyone else.
    and have to add my life is ONE BIG "staying graceful in an awkward situation"

    xo

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.