Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Being Grateful Is An Action

I heard someone say that this week followed by the explanation that if she were grateful for her health, she should treasure it and do more for her body.  If she were grateful for her home, she should mow her yard in gratitude.  If she were grateful for her car, then she should make sure it stayed clean and nice.  Being grateful, she said, was an action - not a feeling.  

So right now, I am grateful for my body and my health, so I'm off to the gym to lift some weights.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Act Grateful.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. That's a great thought for me to add in with my self-love/acceptance mix I'm working on. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a marvelous statement. I wonder if I could get it across to The Architect and DirtBike? If they're grateful for their socks, shoes and unmentionables, they would pick them up off the bathroom floor...

    Enjoy the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true!

    I am grateful for music so I can dance. I have a nice 15-minute break from sitting coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. action and a choice.
    HECK YES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am receiving SO many great affirmations this week about how I should be treating my own body. Many thanks for the reminder. Can't have too many of those. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.