Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Get Along, Little Anole

I spent quite a bit of time last night trying to round up a little anole and get him/her back outside!  Living with lizards is certainly a new experience for me.  I've never had them anywhere else I've ever lived here in Texas, but here at CSH, they are abundant.  And clever.  The good news is that I don't run screaming through the house any more when I happen upon one.  I do, however, check all my shoes before wearing!

It was overcast yesterday afternoon after work and I probably should have gone for a ride, but I desperately needed to perform some yard work.  I'm adapting FlyLady for yardwork use these days.  I've drawn a map of my lot and divided it into rooms.  So if my Flylady email tells me that this week we are in the kitchen, then that's the bed or area that I concentrate in out-of-doors.  Why, you ask?  Because I seem to have developed a raging case of adult onset ADHD.  I cannot concentrate enough to watch a tv show, a movie here at home or even read a book.  Honest to betsy, the whole reading thing has me flummoxed.  I used to be an avid reader and I cannot tell you the last time I sat down to read for pleasure.  Honestly, I blame the computer, the internet, Pinterest and Al Gore.  But back to the garden (speaking of being distracted!), if I don't have a plan, I just seem to go off on one tangent or another and I need to maintain some sort of focus.  Oh, putzing around is great fun, but it isn't particularly productive when things are looking so straggledy-ass here in the gardens.

Tonight, I'm venturing back out on the municipal ride.  I'm hoping it will head south rather than north from the meeting spot, but that remains to be seen.  Either way, I'll ice down the camelbak and have a go at it.

I'm back to focusing on remaining gluten-free, so those uncooked tortillas from last week are out.  Sometimes I just forget what I am supposed to be doing.  So the checklist right now is:  cut way back on dairy - some cream for my coffee is okay - a nibble of cheese here and there is fine - a cup of yogurt is just too much.  And gluten free - so out with the tortillas and eggbeaters and in with flaxseed hot cereal.  Me, who used to be able to eat the same thing for days on end, has now developed ADHD of the palate, too.  I get so bored with whatever I'm eating that I'm requiring change.  So for this week, it's flaxseed.  I am enjoying it and I'm not starving by lunchtime.  So there is that.

Crappy night of sleep last night, so I'll have to make sure I'm not wearing my cranky pants today.  It's hard to corral anoles wearing porcupine chaps.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Beware the lizard brain

-Roxie.

10 comments:

  1. YAY FOR FLAX!!
    CHEERS FOR CHIA!!
    now, about those crabby and cranky pants? IVE GOTS THEM ON TODAY.
    is it ok if I borrow?
    do you have them in capris? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Al, he gets blamed for so many things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right with you on the not reading like I used to, but I blame it on a combination of FB, WWF, blogging and the other sites I "have" to visit on the internet. Oh, and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at the thought of you screaming down your hallway. I just don't see that happening, girl. You'd OWN that lizard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still read...in bed. But TV and movies? Nope. Can't do it! And yes, I blame the internet too!

    By the way, I think anoles are kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez... I can completely relate to the not being able to concentrate on one thing for very long. And oh my on those tangents! Help! LOL I have to write very detailed and specific lists for myself lately to get anything done in a timely manner. :0)

    We have a lot of lizards too... the dogs love chasing them around the backyard. Pretty good entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But what does Kevin have to do with lizards and crankiness? That's what I want to know. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it started out by me searching for a cowboy picture - I was thinking the usual suspects - Sam Elliott, Tom Selleck as Quigby, and I ran across this picture - so there you have it....

      Delete
  8. Wasn't complaining, trust me. Merely observing. :]

    "I have been known to howl at the moon." - from Bull Durham

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.