Monday, August 27, 2012

Posh Nosh


A little Whine and Cheese ala Roxie




I had a lovely weekend.  Talia came in on Friday night and we had a great visit.  I can't say I recommend wine as a pre-ride nutrient, however.  The 7:00 am start time came awfully early when we were up gabbing until nearly midnight.  It was just the three of us, Wendy, Talia and me, but we had a great ride and good breakfast afterward and scattered to the winds by 10:00 am.  Hard to beat that!

The remainder of Saturday had me working hard at keeping the focus on myself and practicing good self-care.  I mean, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later and I don't even know when it started, as I didn't ask - but Bick is dating someone exclusively and has been for some time.  I don't know what's the best scenario - someone who is "better" than me or "worse".  Anyway, while not unexpected and not surprising, hearing it was a bit pinchy.  So I slowed way down and just leaned in and felt all the emotions that came up.

Saturday evening, friends called me to go to dinner, which I didn't really feel up to, but I did agree to join them later to listen to some live music.  Had a great time.  Yesterday took me over to Pebbles' (Slater away this weekend getting his motorcycle license in prep for VN) and another one of the 90 minute warm yoga classes.  Plus we went to a garden center and a posh consignment furniture place in her hood.  Never know what's going to turn up there.  We did some more trip planning, and are making plans to look like pin-cushions.  Went out for a very posh brunch and then I made my way home.  All things that are a part of my life for which I am grateful.

Headed out to walk the hills here in the 'Heights this morning.  Beautiful, beautiful morning.  Managed to trash pick a little something for the front porch - a container to set a plant in.  So, Bonus.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Treat yourself lovingly.

-Roxie


7 comments:

  1. That nosh does indeed look fabulous and while wine might not be the best hyrdrator the fun and fellowship of being with friends make it worth the hours of missed sleep.

    You have had a year of great blessings - a new home, time with friends and family and travels. The Bick thing is just a blip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting how old wounds, long scarred over, can be tweaked just enough to give us an ouch. Helen said it well. This too shall pass, and self care ensures it will pass sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous weekend! Hmm...I thought everyone carried wine in the camelback. Water goes in the water bottles, right?

    I'm sorry for the Bick angst, and hope it passes in its own [short] time. Enjoy your week, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because you knew it was 'bound to happen' or knew it was 'coming' doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.You have so many wonderful things in your present and future ....don't spend too much time looking back and thinking about 'what ifs'.....Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how those reactions can get you. And thank you for the comment on my blog today; it was very calming to me, and I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bick's new beau - not better, not worse. Different. You're on a great path, this news isn't even a speed bump.

    VN sounds so exciting - such a cultural difference from us - it will be a fantastic learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to say more YESes I think.
    your sentences about saturday---not feeling up to, going, having a great time----made me remember that.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.