Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Flock of Seagulls

Birdies on the Ironing Board


22 Days and Counting


I'm getting better at this whole appliqueing thing.  By the time I'm done, I might have learned a thing or three.  I did think I was done with all the birds, but I found a loner hiding out in a bag, so I'll have to load up the orange thread again and finish off the flock.  Next up?  The Dreaded H. 

I've been blessed/surprised/excited/anxious about a friend, her spouse and son coming into town and I think will stay with me for four days/three nights the first weekend in October.  Anyone else see a conflict?  Yea, me too.  That being said, having a break for a few hours from company isn't a bad thing.  She knows her way around town and will have a key to the house and a rental car, so that will be okay - except that my house is torn flat apart with all this wedding paraphernalia.  But it is "clean" underneath, so preparing for guests WILL NOT.  repeating  WILL NOT cause me to go into full blown panic.  It is lovely just as it is.  And I haven't the time to do anything else. 

The logistics of this visit means that I will need to revisit the dreaded air mattress and get it ready (ie back from Pebbles) to set up in the sitting room.  The couple will get my room, and I'll take the barge and the 2nd grader will get the blow up.  Hope he doesn't mind camping out in the same room as me.  Those are the accommodations and I'm not going to stress over it. 

Tonight it's a quick dinner with Valerie and Kendra - the four of them just got back from Vegas - Valerie was on a buying trip and the rest just for fun.  It will good to catch up, but I've got other fish to fry or H's to cuss over, so it won't be a long drawn out deal for me. 

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  A bird in the hand needs to be stitched in time.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. I love you appliqueing (sp)! I used to sew a low about 35 years ago, and nothing since. You're awakening my inner seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh company no matter how welcome....is still stressful. Remember to just breathe girlfriend. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.