Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Love To Go A-wandering


Along the mountain track,
 And as I go, I love to sing,
 My knapsack on my back.
 Val-deri,Val-dera,......


Here's my new converts-to-backpack ultra-lightweight but strong made-especially-for trips such as this travel bag.  I was hesitant to get one - for all the reasons we already know about me - 1.  Don't want to have another thing   2.  Especially a specialized thing, when I have two suitcases already 3.  Hate to spend the $$ on the thing.  Pebbles is getting pretty darned good (hell, who am I kidding - she's always been good) at manipulating her mother.  One of her tactics this time is "Mom, this won't be the last trip we take where this way of travel is appropriate."   Way to push all the right buttons, Pebbles ;-).  Oh, and she's also taken a page out of her mother's playbook and has purchased for my approval - specialized travel pants (2 pair) and travel shoes.  I'm keeping (and paying her for) one pair of the pants.  The rest, she will have to return. 

And here's the big news:


23 Days Until Departure......

Oh

My

Gee

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Wander and Wonder.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this trip is approaching fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Pebbles is probably correct about the bag. I'll be interested to hear how you like it as I'm looking for good items for our Grand Canyon trip next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the hybr1dhawler from Eaglecreek if you want to do some research on it. Of course, upon my return, I'll either want to marry it or burn it in a sacrificial fire in the back yard.

    Grand Canyon? Now that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.