Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I've Got The Music In Me

I had to do something to wash that Glee-like, tweener-loved (so much squealing at a concert - it must be what a Beiber event is like) concert out of my ears from Sunday night.  So Monday began as a tribute to my favorite men with three names - Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ray Wylie Hubbard and Robert Earl Keen - I turned the laptop into a virtual juke box and started my Labor day listening to some beloved music that I hadn't heard in a while.  I saw the above video on one of my favorite local blogs - b@gofn0thing and I really enjoyed it - however, I must admit to getting a bit lost at about 85!

And I won an auction on ebay!  Which is great, except that I flat out do not remember bidding.  Seriously.  I know that I was looking for drawstring linen pants but I absolutely do not remember bidding.  But somewhere in the bowels of the US postal system, there are a pair of such pants winging their way to me via express delivery.  I decided that rather than go to all the trouble of denying that I'd done this or backing out of the deal, I'll just pay the freight on this one.  Sheesh.  Oh, and I still CANNOT FIND my large cutting board.  After four days of looking for it.  How the HELL does one lose a cutting board in this tiny house?  This brain fog is as thick as 80's era fog-machine enhanced arena rock concert.

By this time on Thursday am, I will be in pre-op.  I'm nervous and will be glad to get this over with.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Sing a different tune.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Ah, a nervous week to be sure. It will all be good.

    I totally understand the losing of the cutting board. Right now I'm missing my kitchen shears. And my favorite socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird (and maddening) how stuff disappears. Had to have had a good Monday listening to Stevie, Ray & Robert. I'll be thinking about you Thursday. Hope everything goes smooth as silk. What a great time to have meditation in your skill set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brain fog, distraction...it's maddening to live with, especially when you lose things. Please let us know when (and where) you find the cutting board - you'd think it would be impossible to miss, but I've done similar things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see...lost the charger to my camera. My husband found it in the drawer that I've been in at least 10 times since - and it was sitting right on top of everything else. It might as well have had a neon sign pointing to it, but I still overlooked it every. single. time.
    Hang in there, girl. Things have GOTTA get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently lost a cutting board & a knife. I had neatly and carefully packed them for a cook out that got canceled and had forgotten to unpack them again. They were in the garage the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.