Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rx for Relaxation

What it looked like then
Operation Recuperation is still a success.  Honestly, these past couple of days have been some of the most peaceful and mindful that I have spent in a long, long while.  It's like I have been given permission to relax - and I guess I have.  I haven't even looked at work email - I told them if they needed me to call me.

Because I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery, I am very careful with every move - I think about what I'm doing rather than just rushing through this thing to get on to the next thing.  I've puttered around in my yard for several hours each day - not in one long stretch - but for a bit of time here, another bit there.  I'm also decorating (well, technically - I am thinking about decorating my front porch - not much actual decoration has happened) my front porch.  I love the look of a front porch "room", so I've done a teensy bit of shopping for a colored rug to overlay the very functional but not particularly attractive rug that I purchased at Costco some time back.  I found one that fit the bill for less than ten bucks, so I'm a happy camper.

Along with my procedure, it appears that I also had a "shouldectomy" - I had my "should" removed - as in I should be doing this or I should be doing that or I need to finish this because I should be XYZing.  So far, I'm liking the results :-).

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Give yourself an Rx for Relaxation.

-Roxie

8 comments:

  1. A "shouldectomy" sounds like a very desirable procedure. I'm glad you're settling into the day and even more into the moments of the day. You are on the road to healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the surgery was a rousing success in more ways than one! Glad you are enjoying your recovery and time off - can't wait to see a picture of your decorated front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I'm wondering if my pitiful health insurance would cover a shouldectomy.

    Glad you're taking time for recovery in all areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to hear you've let your hair down and R&R'd the way you were supposed to! I do hope you'll show us the front porch once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY FOR THE SHOULD REMOVAL.

    no more MUSTurbation right?
    I love me some albert ellis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A shouldectomy!! How brilliant is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see that you are doing this the right way (as opposed to the wrong way by trial and error as, um - *ahem* - I have done over the past three months). Smart cookie. Your body will thank you for it, tenfold. This I know to be true. I would have followed this advice myself but I seem to be forgetting everything these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your backyard! Glad you are taking time for yourself to recover.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.