Friday, October 12, 2012

Stepping Off

There is a scene at the end of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid  where they sort of grab hold of a belt and jump.  I'm feeling a little like that - not that we have a posse on our heels but there is a feeling of stepping off and hoping for the best!  That's where the adventure comes in.

I've gotten pretty still over the past few days - mostly in gratitude and amazement that I/we are really doing this.  As I said to Pebbles on Wednesday - "Sixteen years ago, it would have been impossible for me to imagine me, you, us doing this".  Really, it's just an illustration of how windy the road is and what unexpected and unplanned for events can take your breath away - both in a bad or extremely good way. 

Sixteen years ago, I had not yet "got up off the couch" and I seemed constitutionally unable to act in my own best interest.  A great deal has changed in that time.  Back then, I couldn't even imagine/dream/believe that my life would or even could get better.  But better it is.  Much better.

At this point, if we haven't thought about it or planned for it, it's too late.  We'll just jump and crochet our parachute as we can.  My expectations are low - and high at the same time - this won't be a relaxing vacation - this has the potential to be a grueling, but adventurous outting.  Bad weather and bad tempers could put a pinch on things, but no matter what I see or what I do, it will be more than what I'd done before, so I shall be grateful.  It is my hope to keep in the "now" and to really take in, really breathe in, that which I am seeing.  My overall goal on this odyssey is to get there and really "be" - to not get so caught up in touring this and seeing that, that I miss the spirit and the essence of the country and her people.

Take good care of yourself while I am away.

Mai mốt gặp lại

-Roxie



5 comments:

  1. I want to say enjoy every minute but I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe Travels! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about the adventure when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relish the adventure and have a wonderful time - can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fill both lungs and have a wonderful adventure! Be safe :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.