Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Proceed With Caution

Insomnia rears yet another one of it's ugly heads.  I've named it Cerberus.  Usually, I wake up energetic and ready to rock and roll.  Today, I am bleary-eyed and dragging.  This kind of tired is when food cravings hit - merely as a physiological demand for energy to get through the day.  So today is a cautionary day, for sure.  I'm hoping that another cup of coffee and a trip to the gym will perk me right up! (fingers crossed).

Had a lovely phone visit with Meg (Hi! Meg) yesterday.  It was nice to catch up.  This evening, Joan, a good friend is coming over for dinner and to hear about my trip.  I'm fixing just a simple grilled chicken salad with fruit for dessert.  Thankfully, Joan eats like this all of the time, so that won't be an issue.  


Tomorrow night, I'm having dinner with Valerie and Kendra.  I'm still ambivalent about maintaining this as a weekly thing.  I need to think about this a bit more, but once a month is probably all I'm good for.  I'm going to try to get some bike time in over the weekend.  Pebbles is coming over to stay on Sunday night (her dentist is here and she has an early Monday am appt) and she is helping me hang the rest of my pictures/art and "merchandise" my shelves.  





Still rocking the groove.  Didn't exercise yesterday, as I had a doctor's appointment in the a.m., so I'll make up for it on Friday, a normal rest day for me.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Know when you are vulnerable.

-Roxie


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner for Joan sounds perfect - I wish someone would prepare that for me. Hope you have a great time rehashing your trip with her.

    I am more of the "eyeball, whack/hang, oops, not quite right, whack/hang again" type of picture hanger (I figure as long as the extra holes are covered by the art, what's the harm?), but it's always more fun to have someone there to assist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait.
    so.
    insomnia can be two places at once? :-)
    she was here, too.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.