Monday, November 19, 2012

Slow Start Monday

Again with the Sunday.  I just can't seem to find the Sunday groove like I'd like.  I started out just fine - ate appropriately and even had an afternoon ride scheduled with Talia, Wendy, Christine and Janice.  Wendy invited us over to ride and then for homemade pizza in her honest-to-god-I've-never-seen-anything-like-it pizza oven.  OMgee - does that thing cook up some great pies.  I had already planned to have pizza, as I rode HARD for a couple of hours.  There are some serious hills out by her place (at least for this part of the country).  So, yea, I had pizza and I had dessert and I was fine with what I'd eaten.

However, talk about awakening the beast within.  Sheesh.  I had to talk myself down from everysort of drive-thru ledge on the way home.  All manner of trashy carbs were calling my name.  I came home, dodging all the minefields, only to be tripped up by the sugar-free chocolate pudding that I bought to make my sister a dessert-thingy for Thanksgiving.  And it's not even that I ate it (the whole thing), it's that I'm somewhat lactose intolerant and that has me feeling like absolute crap this morning.  Like a hangover, for sure.

On a good note, I did drag my butt out of bed (I was actually still sleeping HARD when the alarm went off) and went to Mr. Beautiful's Spin class.  I have to say, that wasn't my aim.  I just told myself that I was going to the gym.  I didn't have to stay, but I was going and I was going to spend some time on the elliptical.  But I ended up going to class and I'm going to try to go tomorrow, as Mr. Beautiful is subbing for Mr. Too-Tough-A-Class-For-Me-Right-Now.

So, I didn't do it perfectly.  And I feel it physically.  The test is to just keep doing the next right thing.  I've been back to my "groove" except for one slip.  And I'll keep at it.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Get back in the groove.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I indulge too much on the weekend I definitely feel hungover on Monday. Food hangovers are just as bad as the other kind. It's something I've been working at to stop. Because it pretty much sucks to feel that way with a 4 am alarm, you know? Doing the next best thing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.