Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekly Recap: Giving Thanks

The word of the week, no, make that a much longer period of time, is grateful.  The grace of not burning down my house, coupled with a week of good self-care has made for a quiet but extremely pleasant and productive seven days.  The weekend promises more of the same - quiet, but productive.  As soon as daylight arrives, I will spend some time in the garden this morning followed by a trip out to ride the trail in Parker county with Talia.  And I think I will take in a movie of some sort.  Ralph or James, I've yet to pick.

Tomorrow, I'll be riding with the group out in Parker county and then have home-made pizza with the bombshells, and we'll share vacation photos.  Until then, I will strive to remain in the now, in the moment and relaxed.  Turns out, I stay physically tensed a great deal of the time - taking a death grip on the steering wheel, sitting at my desk with my shoulders in my ears, brushing my teeth like I'm punishing them - just generally being wound too tight a lot of the time.  It's time to bring my awareness to this - no wonder my arm and neck hurt all the time!  

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Live in the present, not in the past, tense.

-Roxie



3 comments:

  1. Ahhh quiet and productive... I love those days/weeks. Glad you are feeling more in the moment. Have a great ride today! I can relate to the being tense and not realizing it! When I let go of that I feel the relief through out my body and soul...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to take a step back and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy enough to have a death grip on the wheel -
    the way people drive!
    Good to see good things happening all around blog land!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.