Friday, December 14, 2012

Dirty Little Secrets

My Three Gold Star Performance over the last 24 hours is courtesy of my dirty little secrets - my hacks to staying on target because I am the laziest person alive and I know it, embrace it and work around it.


DLS #1.  I keep my workout gear at the ready in my bedroom - hanging on the back of my door.  My willingness to blow off a task because it's too hard is legendary.  Pulling together something to wear to the gym falls in that category for me on early mornings.

DLS#2.  I put it on immediately upon waking - even before that trip to the bathroom - even the shoes.

DLS#3.  (the dirtiest) I wear the same workout clothes for a week.  This isn't so much about tips and tricks to get me out the door to the gym in the morning as it is of two other factors - 1.  I am off the "play clothes" generation and 2.  I absolutely hate to do that much laundry.

That Christmas party last night was a real dud.  I don't know what I was expecting, but ho-hum.  I mean I enjoyed Marti and Ellie, but otherwise not entertaining.  So I'll know better next year.  I did manage okay with the food choices - not perfect, but certainly within the realm of okay - given that the buffet consisted of rice and beans, cheese enchiladas, tacos, fajitas and nachos.  Besides, I'm not in hardcore weightloss mode, I just want to feel/be at my best and that's not a scale measurement if I don't want it to be.

I say all of this about the secrets because it was hard for me to get up this morning.  I was sleeping hard and I woke up really tired and groggy.  Again, I am amazed at what both carbs/gluten do to my body - even if I wasn't coming anywhere close to over-eating.  I slept through my alarm this morning.  I'm usually up an hour before the thing goes off.

Take care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Find what works for you.

-Roxie


3 comments:

  1. As far as wearing the same workout clothes for a week - hey, whatever works for you...but I would not be able to stand myself if I had to wear the same running top without washing it. And YES, I do have a lot of laundry, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman do you sweat?? lol Now i've worn workout clothes twice in a row but i don't think i could get away with more than that.

    When i was at my best working out the rule was i had to workout before i even stepped foot back in the house after work or i knew i would not do it.......that meant lugging my workout clothes to work and changing in the bathroom as soon as i clocked out..not my fav thing to do but you do what ya gotta do to make it work for you! I mean at some point you just know yourself and i knew if i stepped foot in the house i would find some excuse not to go.........Hugs! deb
    PS Thanks for sharing...i think....just no sharing the work out clothes okay.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use DLS #1, I'm usually pretty good if the night before I commit I'm going to bootcamp in the morning and lay my clothes out, I will go. That is my goal for tomorrow... because I also have been waking up tired and groggy..

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.