Thursday, December 6, 2012

Physiology Of A Fall

So last night's dinner didn't go as I'd hoped.  While I wasn't that concerned with what I ate at dinner, I certainly didn't need that mini-blizzard I had on the way home.  Now that, I could have done without.  But I didn't - so today, I have rendered myself miserable with a bad food hangover.  Really, much more of one that a mini-blizzard deserves, but there it is.  Even after all this time, I am sometimes surprised at how my body reacts to sugar/carbs after a period of limiting them to healthy-for-me numbers.

I get to begin sugar-withdrawals all over again today, or at least minimize the damage, as I'm in a conference all day with absolutely no control over the choices available to me.  So I will do the best I can and get back as close to my path as possible.

Gotta run - this deal starts soon.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Get Up.  Start Over.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to teach myself to think before I make my choices. (i.e, if I eat a blizzard, I'm not having dinner end of story.) Sounds easy but isn't always for a foodie like me. In the past I would totally eat the blizzard then eat dinner and even maybe another dessert. But, like you, I'm not liking the food hangovers I get from that sort of behavior, at all. I hope your conference has some good choices that help you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just want a blizzard. Savor the moment.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.