Thursday, December 20, 2012

S.I.T In Thursday

I've had a decent week Staying In Today.  I've downloaded  Simply Being for my 'droid and am meditating at a more regular interval.  I can set the app for 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes, choose the background music/sound and sit through a guided meditation whenever I'd like.  So, so helpful.  Consequently, my anxiety/tension/about-to-scream-cry-rip-someone-a-new-one-kick-a-kitten levels are way, way down.

Hell, I was even calm when I discovered someone backed into my pristine MalibuKen in the parking lot at work.  I was like "Oh, well, it's only sheet metal" - which is progress in me recognizing that not everything is a catastrophe.  Somethings are just an inconvenience.  Getting my "problems" right-sized is a new skill I'm learning.

I made the choice not to workout yesterday morning.  I woke up at 2:00am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I opted for a sleep aid and sleep - figuring there is nothing I can really do to make up for lack of sleep.  So while I won't give myself a star for it, I will give me credit for listening to what me and my body needed the most and gave myself that gift.

I do get a gold for surviving the office Christmas party and stayed on my program.  Actually, I didn't feel much like eating yesterday.  I worked through breakfast, wasn't that hungry at the party and was all booked up in the evening so I grabbed a really light dinner.  Which is good, as I took my mother and sister to one of those drive-through light displays and my mom brought along gourmet popcorn.  I thought I was going to explode before I got home!  But we had a fun time.

I picked up my new art piece on Tuesday, but I don't have it put up yet. I'll wait to hang it until Pebbles is over on Christmas Eve and we'll do it then.  I'm also in the market for spring green sheets (queen) if you happen to run across any in your travels.

Tonight I'm making the haul out to Talia and Noah's for dinner.  That is always a good time.  I don't have anything out of the ordinary planned for Friday (last day of work for the year!!!) and Saturday, well, on Saturday I'm attending an early morning (as in 6am - wedding) fun details to come.

Mostly, I've just been kind and gentle with myself and tried to slow down the pace and be in the moment.  Mostly, it's worked.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Be kind to yourself.  If berating and badgering ourselves worked, we'd all look like (insert your favorite fit body here).  But we don't because treating ourselves that way DOES NOT WORK.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Hi Roxie
    Way to go on the office party - they can be a real minefield.
    Looking forward to an 'opening night' photo of the new art piece. I'm a sucker for beautiful things and have now run out of wall!
    Hugs, Deniz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, art is in the eye of the beholder. I don't know that this will have broad appeal :-)

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to learn meditating for years. Gotta try that app for the droids. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. Hope you do too!

      Delete
  3. If I were on the star system, I'd be hitting the negative :( Our office party was a landmine and I stepped right in. Oh, why do I think I need to partake of foods that I know are not good for me? Wine, included. Onward...

    Hope your Christmas is full of love and light, Roxie!

    Tena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours, too, Tena. I've still got a couple of parties and the actual holidays to get through. We can do this. We can. We can.

      Delete
  4. I know you just invested in a beautiful piece of art, but it behooves me to mention Linoto for sheets. They are pure linen, they come in beautiful colors, expensive,but we do spend a significant amount of our lifespans in bed. Linen keeps you cool when you are overheated, and somehow it also maintains warmth when you need it. Restoration Hardware has great Belgian linen but not in the color you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, those sheets look dee-vine. Hmmm.

      The last time I bought new sheets was when I started dating Bick. Pebbles told me recently that I needed to replace my sheets for some new "energy" in my bedroom. Those would be some seriously fine "new man" sheets ;-)

      Delete
  5. Simply Being.....hmm. I'm off to check on this right now. I've had to give up going to yoga as much now that I'm a 'starving artist' and miss the peacefulness I grew accustomed to. My anxiety levels should not be this high. Thank you for the tip, and I'm glad it's helping you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.