Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm Going To Be Seriously Pissed

I'm going to be seriously pissed at myself if it turns out that taking vitamin D3 and a vitamin B complex daily would have cut back my appetite years ago.  At my worthless (now rethinking that) endocrinologist appointment, he suggested that I take a calcium/vitamin D thingy, as well as a B complex.  I finally got around to doing this about a month ago and it's like my voracious appetite has been pushed back.  I got through the holidays with no real harm done.

Did a two-a-day today.  Went to the gym at 6am and then again at lunch just to walk on the treadmill.  I almost didn't remember my locker combination it had been so long since I'd gone to the gym at lunch and boy was stuff dusty in there.  There were also some things in there that I didn't even remember owning!

Oh, and I also read A BOOK!  A whole book!  I've been struggling for quite some time with my concentration and it seems to have improved, along with my memory.  Could be the vitamins, could be the dreaded hormones, could be that menopause is taking an excursion to Hawaii for the winter - whatever it is, I'll take it.

My best gift this season wasn't even a Christmas gift.  My friend in FL is downsizing so she packed up all her cold weather/ski gear and shipped it to me.  Talk about a haul!  Lots of stuff to use for cycling in cold weather.  There is this one long sleeved shirt from Nike that has an integrated hood.  It worked beautifully under my helmet and kept my ears warm. A real treasure trove of stuff!


I'm still caffeine and Diet Coke free.  I'm taking a water bottle with me everytime I leave the house.  I'm meditating using my Simply Being app.  I'm eating right and I'm living good.  

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Take your vitamins.

-Roxie





11 comments:

  1. wow...that is something I may integrate if it works in the long haul...the vitamin thing. Great job getting back to the gym. Nothing feels better than a good workout. And free anything is usually a great thing, but free ski gear...that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor put me on vitamin D, C, and B complex for my thyroid about 3 years ago. I don't really recall if it did anything with my appetite but I do recall that I began to feel better. Much better. So I continue to take them. Interestingly enough when I had my gyn appt. this year, that doctor said he likes all menopausal women to take those same vitamins. Maybe it helps with both? Who knows, but as long as it helps me feel better, I'm going to keep taking them.

    Great job on the caffeine and coke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, my doctor said I was a little low on Vit. D which shocked me only because of the amount of milk I drink. Wouldn't hurt to boost the B complex either and if there's any reduction in appetite that would be a sweet bonus. But if it starts me off on menopause, I'll drop the whole thing like a hot flash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...retailers everywhere wonder why the sudden rush on vitamins! ;)

    Hey, if it works, I'll give it a try.

    I drink caffeine in the form of coffee, but I haven't had a diet Coke in several years; I used to love them, but once I got off of all artificial sweeteners, I can't abide them anymore. You'll get there too, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if it isn't losing the caffeine that has done it for you...I've been taking D for years now (take 10,000 IUs in the winter, 5000 in the the summer) and am thinking that a B complex should be added. I also think that aging does something to the appetite...and to the desire for junky foods. I just don't want them any more. Or maybe it's just healing all the emotional junk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I still want all the same crap that I used to, it's just seems easier to give it a pass.

    Hmmm, I hadn't thought about the caffeine aspect (or it could be the lessening of artificial sweetener, since I'm no longer mainlining Diet Coke). In any case, this is healthier. I just wish I enjoyed water au natuale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that the FOG is lifting :) Woo-Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip on the vitamins. I hope that's what's doing the trick. Not quite ready to give up the caffeine. I have too many sleepless nights to even consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great gift from your friend! Vitamins have keep me health through the holidays, I haven't had a single cold or sickness! **knock on wood** Hubby's been constantly stick for the last three or four months on and off. So those little vitamins work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is why loved Monsters so much....tons of Vit B!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.