Friday, January 18, 2013

Menopause with a side of Morning Sick

I am happy to say I'm on the road to recovery.  Yuckaroo!  What a miserable couple of days.  Everything under the sun made me queasy.  It was like being pregnant with Pebbles all over again.  I had to remove all the scented candles from my house and put them out on the porch AND I had to wash my moisturizer off.  I didn't even realize it was scented until the smell made my toes want to curl up.  What an unpleasant 36 hours!
I am on the mend and it was not the flu, as I did see the doc.  Just a run of the mill stomach bug.

A wrench has been thrown into the Aruba plans.  Pebbles' friend who had agreed (for pay) to come and stay with the GrandBeast has bailed at damned near the last minute.  We leave a week from tomorrow.  So it looks like they won't be going.  Which makes the whole thing a lot less fun for me - wow - did that sound self-centered.  Sure did.  I'll have to work on that a bit.  Anyway, it will work out the way it is supposed to.  I just need to start making some alternate plans, since P/S won't be able to assist.  Our host has some serious health and mobility issues and so it will fall to me.  But we will manage, we always do.  I just need to get this settled in my mind as to not build up any resentments towards anyone.  Something to ponder.

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Stay in Recovery.

-Roxie

15 comments:

  1. Are there not doggie daycares or kennels in Texas? Even some of the vets around here provide vacation accommodation...

    That bug sounds terrible. There are so many different viruses AND the flu going around here that every day I'm not sick I feel blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, there are a lot of places here that provide those kinds of services, including his vet - where they know and love him. He's a special needs dog and gets so distraught at being in such places that he becomes ill. The last time we were all traveling together, TGB was at his vets and was so upset that the vet's office called Pebbles' ex to come and get him. Obviously, they all have a very close relationship and have a team approach to the care and feeding of TGB.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Helen - much as I love my pets, I'd board them if it meant missing out on a vacation like that!

    It sounds like you had what both my kids had over Christmas, and that was miserable for them. Glad you are on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer, as a) I am a pet-sitter, and b) I am available that weekend. :) I'm sure it will all work out!

    Hope you continue to mend from the virus! There's been a nasty one making the rounds here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could figure out a way (or if we'd planned better) we could totally work that out.

      Delete
  4. I would a trip to TX.....in lieu of pay...hehe. I thought that would give you a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, as I told Cammy - if we weren't under such a time crunc h, I would jump at the chance to do exactly that. Seriously.

      Delete
  5. I would a trip to TX.....in lieu of pay...hehe. I thought that would give you a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, shoot. I know the grandbeast is a special needs doggie, but I sure hope someone steps in to help. If I lived closer, I'd do it, for sure. Glad you didn't have the flu and are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tena, I was telling Pebbles this morning about all these offers that were coming in from around the country. "If we lived in Memphis, or Utah or Houston"...she asked me "why can't you know someone CLOSE".....wish we all lived closer for lots of reasons.

      Delete
  7. Glad you're feeling better and that it wasn't the three-weeker that's been going around these parts.
    Aruba will be dandy - and it will all work out. Sure is too bad that they can't go, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, but I'm still taking a pass on today's bike ride. I'm just queasy enough to not want to be on a bike away from, well, the facilities.

      Delete
  8. Good lord, thought you were pregnant and wasn't sure If I should come give my congrats or condolences! LOL. But...take care about the boarding...last time I did it my dog caught kennel cough...ugh.
    I have someone come now. My daughter dog sits. But alas, we are too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I house/pet sit on the side... to bad for the miles between. Glad you are feeling better, I HATE being nauseous.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.